Position: Skilled Marine Welder - Direct Hire
Hours: Monday-Friday 4:00pm-12:30am
Salary: Hourly rate based on experience
Benefits: 100% paid medical and generous 401k contributions are part of the benefits package as well as vacation and paid holidays
Education: G.E.D. or High School Diploma
Experience: 5 years minimum applicable welding experience. Must be able to pass welding performance qualification tests including: 6G GTWA open root on a 2 2/3” diameter by 5/8” wall thickness pipe. Must also be proficient in GTAW, GMAW FCAW and SMAW welding processes as well as oxy-fuel and plasma. Must be able to read prints and welding call outs.
- This position will be responsible for welding assembly and fabrication on various small to large scale piping and structural projects.
- The Pipe Welder is required to certify to various welding processes including GTAW and SMAW procedures and have the ability to produce first pass yield when welding on any piping system, regardless of the material type or joint design.
- The Pipe Welder is also responsible for accomplishing work in accordance with work specifications safely, with the highest quality, in a professional manner.
o Assure that any other safety issues are complied with that relate to the specific job being accomplished (Example: special staging, face shields for grinding, protective clothing for hot work related jobs, breathing apparatus with correct cartridges, etc.)
o Assure that Torch Safety Procedures, including testing, are utilized for all torch work.
o Assure that you are trained or qualified for the work you are assigned to do (Example: JLG, forklift, welding, brazing, special electrical / mechanical repairs and etc.)* Assure that you and personnel working under your direction are working as safely and as productively as possible maintaining quality control at all times.
- Review of Shop Traveler, drawings and Welding Procedure Specification(s) for understanding of requirements and awareness of hold points.
- Assuring all material to be used in fabrication is correct, identified and properly released for fabrication before proceeding with further processing.
- Self-checking or requesting peer verification to assure all measurements are correct before cutting or further processing.
- Preparation of parts for fit-up may include, but is not limited to; cutting various metal types to size/shape with the use of oxy-fuel or plasma torches, band saws, grinders, drill press, Bridgeport, or lathe.
- Documenting all steps within the Weld Data Record, Shop Traveler or other required process control documents.
- 10+ years welding experience with proficiency in GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SMAW
- Previous pipe welding certification desired, but not required
- Must be comfortable welding in all positions
- Must be able to understand and interpret blueprints and weld call outs
- Experience with welds being subjected to non-destructive examination required
- Experience with oxy and plasma cutting required
- Must be able to work well with others, previous training experience desired
Role: Skilled Marine Welder
Location: Le Roy,
Apply for this job now.