Must have HVAC certification. Knowledge of gas heat/water heaters and appliances. Plumbing and electrical knowledge required. CPO certification preferred but not required. At least 3 years property management experience. Rotate after hour calls. Must have a valid driver’s license. Pay is based on experience.
The Maintenance Supervisor is the senior level maintenance person on site and is responsible for the overall maintenance of the Property, including planning, coordinating, budgeting, organizing and maintaining the physical needs of the site. The Maintenance Supervisor will perform and direct other maintenance personnel in the repair and maintenance of HVAC systems, electrical/mechanical systems, plumbing, grounds, structural elements, mechanical equipment and refurbishment of apartments. The Maintenance Supervisor, under the direction of the Property Manager, generates satisfactory cash flow, positive resident relations and optimal resident retention.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Valid Driver’s License
· EPA Designation/Certification required
· Four years progressive maintenance/repair of HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and grounds maintenance in multi-family or commercial property
· Supervisory and training experience highly desired
· Knowledge of Equal Housing Opportunity (EHO) requirements and applicable program regulations
· High degree of professionalism
· Transparency, reporting and sharing of information effectively across all departments
· Strong technical understanding of design and construction
· Experience in budget planning, expense monitoring and profit and loss responsibility
· Exceptional leadership, management, communication and collaboration skills
· Results oriented and solution focused
· High degree of accountability and ownership
· Excellent judgment and decision making skills
· Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet changing deadlines
· Excellent organizational and time management skills including ability to multitask, prioritize and meet changing deadlines
· Excellent internal and external customer service skills
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs consistently and up to 100 lbs with the help of a lifting device.
· Ability to maintain 24-hour, on-call status
· Ability to operate all necessary tools/equipment to perform the essential functions of the position
· Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of OSHA standards and other environmental safety standards
· Ability to perform a variety of duties in all types of weather
· Schedules, assigns and/or performs all maintenance functions, including responsibility to complete service requests within 24 hours and refurbishing vacant units within five (5) business days or less
· Supervises, guides and schedules training, when necessary of all maintenance personnel in the maintenance and repair of HVAC systems, electrical systems, mechanical stems, plumbing, grounds, structural elements, motor vehicles and equipment
· Completes move-in and move-out inspections
· Supervises and/or performs all work related to maintenance of the property’s curb appeal
· Implements cleaning and maintenance programs for grounds, office/clubhouse, common areas and work areas
· Schedules and performs regular inspections of all grounds, structures and systems and corrects problems, if any
· Supervises and provides or schedules training for employee use of company equipment and/or vehicle
· Assists in the maintenance portion of the overall property budget and ensures that all maintenance operating expenses remain within the existing budget
· Develop and implement an inventory control program along with a preventative maintenance program
· Responsible for expenditures within company guidelines
· Direct and supervise the day-to-day administrative operations of the maintenance functions including the scheduling and assignment of work, submission of reports and paperwork (invoices, time sheets, new hire/termination information, employee counseling and evaluations) and record keeping functions in a timely manner, including sanding/salting and smoke detector battery replacement logs.
· Purchases all maintenance supplies and materials in a cost-effective and efficient manner
· Prepares request for quotes and work scopes and follows company procedure in obtaining bids on purchases or work to be performed
· Conducts inspections of contracted work - checking for the quality and conformance with specifications and cost
We are a full-service real estate company engaged in the business of managing, leasing, selling, purchasing and developing commercial and multifamily properties. We are headquartered in Nashville, TN. Today, we manage and/or lease more than 80 multifamily properties comprised of over 13,000 units located in seven states. We employ 400+ professionals to provide our clients with superlative, comprehensive real estate services. We are a growing company with opportunities for advancement for the right person.
Role: Maintenance Supervisor
Apply for this job now.