COMPANY: THE ACCOUNTANCY RECRUITMENT GROUP
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Designate Finance Director
£70,000 - £80,000
This business is offering genuine route to equity FD. You will join as the number 1 in finance reporting directly to the key shareholders.
The group is performing well despite the disruption and expectations for this year and the years ahead are extremely positive. They are currently <£30m turnover but have experienced YoY growth in turnover and profitability. The owners have superb experience and capability and the outlook for the business is excellent.
Your role will encompass all aspects of the financial management and guidance – working in close partnership with the MD.
You’ll be responsible for all of the BAU tasks – management accounting, budgets, forecasts, commercial analysis and reporting, cash management – managing a team of 4 initially.
This is a continuous improvement setting and you must be comfortable supporting an agile SME through phases of growth and diversification.
It is a professional but down to earth environment and you will need a natural gravitas and excellent communication skills.
The MD is looking for someone who will gel superbly with the senior leadership team across the business and be comfortable providing business partnering whilst acting as a ‘critical friend to peers across operational and commercial areas.
The aim is that you will take a seat at the table with a lucrative equity opportunity downstream. It is hoped you will really buy into the ethos, journey and future success and play a pivotal role in the companies ongoing growth strategy.
You will need:
- To either be an ‘up and coming’ FC / Head of Finance or currently operating at FD level.
- To be able to demonstrate ability to manage the day to day financial management of a relatively complex SME with a range of moving parts (you will ideally have had exposure to a privately owned or PE backed business previously)
- A proactive approach to solving problems and making improvement – this isn’t an ‘ivory tower’ setting – the MD is (sensibly) hands-on, visible and involved and is hoping you will take the same approach.
- A professional qualification (CIMA / ACCA or ACA).
- Ambition to make a difference as FD of a growth SME.