Company: CREATIVE FINANCIAL STAFFING
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Billing Coordinator Needed with Growing Professional Service Firm!
Our client, located in New Haven County is an award-winning professional service firm that is looking for a Billing Coordinator to join their team due to an upcoming retirement in their accounting department. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of multiple legal billing, disbursement and e-billing processes. This individual must effectively prioritize workflow, apply judgment ensuring timely and accurately produced bills. They will also be highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong communications skills, and the ability to work well under pressure! This is a stable organization with tenured staff and a team-oriented company culture. The firm and accounting department has expanded over the years, and as a result, this role will continue to develop and grow! Due to COVID, this role will be working a hybrid schedule, rotating between working remote and onsite, a few days per week.
Primary Responsibilities of Billing Coordinator:
- Monthly billing process; time closed, proformas generated using workflow software; adjustments made after review; finalize and create invoices.
- Ensure customers are billed correctly and in a timely manner
- Communicate with customers, and be available to answer questions as needed
- Research/resolve discrepancies
- Maintain accurate records
- Ad hoc projects as needed
Preferred Experience of the Billing Coordinator:
- Minimum of 3+ years of billing experience-ideally out of a law firm, but professional services is a MUST
- Basic understanding of debits/credit
- Good systems experience and strong Excel skills
- Must be detail-oriented!