We are currently seeking volunteer drivers to help support our invaluable driving service to the children and young people that our charity supports. This role is essential in ensuring the children and young people can attend appointment and activities out in the community.
Support Workers / Carers accompany the children and young people during any trips so you will have the opportunity to meet a variety of new people, no day is the same and as such this is a hugely varied and rewarding role.
Chailey Heritage Foundation is a pioneering charity providing education, care and transition services for young people with complex physical disabilities and health needs, which includes:
- An 'outstanding' special school
- 'Home from home' residential care for both children and young adults
- A Life Skills Centre and Hub for adults with disabilities
- Support at home and in the community
- A wheelchair accessible Farm
What you will gain from us:
- Training, advice and support
- The opportunity to be part of a rewarding team
- A sense of satisfaction in knowing you are helping others and making a difference
- Enjoyment of meeting a variety of new people
- New skills and experiences
- Opportunity for others to learn and benefit from your skills and experiences
Amongst other things what we would like from you:
- A full, clean driving licence.
- Willing to undergo relevant training
- The ability to communicate with a range of people (young people, teachers, teaching assistants, carers.)
- Be reliable and have a flexible approach.
- The ability to carry out the role independently with minimum supervision.
- Physically able to carry out the above.
If you feel you could spare some time to support us and become a volunteer, please do click apply to be diverted to our website where you can submit your interest.
Role: Volunteer Driver
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Lewes, Sussex,
Apply for this job now.