Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is experience supporting SEND pupils.
Vision for Education are working in partership with an SEND school based in Preston who are looking to appoint an experienced SEND Teaching Assistant to join them. This is a temporary to permanant role.
The SEND School based in Preston is a caring, respectful and friendly environment providing special education for children aged 3-11.
The successful SEND Teaching Assistant will be tasked with working with small groups of pupils with a range of complex needs and abilities. The schools is made up of students aged between 4 an 11. Working under the direction of the class teacher alongside other Teaching Assistants, the ideal SEND Teaching Assistant will be patient, energetic, flexible, positive and must be of a nurturing nature, with the ability to build strong relationships with young people.
Duties will include:
- Assisting the class teacher with behaviour management
- Supporting pupils on a one-to-one basis
- Contributing to record keeping, liaising with parents and multidisciplinary teams and attending school trips/outings
- Assisting with personal hygiene duties
- Be abe to adapt to different routines daily
- Have experience of SEND, personal care, and visual aids
To be considered for the SEND Teaching Assistant position, you will:
- Have experience working in a similar setting with young people that have learning difficulties. For example, this could be at a similar school, residential care home or supported living
- Be proactive and empathetic in your approach, always aiming to achieve the best possible outcomes for the students you work with
- Be an excellent communicator, able to work well as part of a wider team
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
- As a valued employee of Vision for Education you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a SEND Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Preston P