Bachelors Degree $20.00 p/hour + DOE
"Must have Bachelors Degree"
Qualifications to be a ABA Behavior Therapist / Teacher:
- Bachelors Needed
- Valid CA Drivers License & Good driving record
- Reliable Auto & Valid Insurance
- Pass Criminal Background Check (No Misdemeanors or Felonies)
- Live Scan Background Check
- Cell Phone with Reliable Service (For Communication with Supervisor)
- Able to Work Independently
- Organized / Professional / Responsible
- Bilingual Helpful - Spanish
- Regional Center Experience is a Plus
- Knowledge and willingness to learn behavioral techniques or other treatments methods used for Adaptive Skills Training
Great opportunity to work with an established agency as a ABA behavior therapist / teacher providing ABA therapy for the developmentally disabled within the Sacramento and Marysville Area.
As a behavior interventionist your duties will be to teach Adaptive Skills and ABA therapy to children and adults with developmental disabilities. You will be assigned a workload that may consist of 1 to 4 clients providing them with Adaptive Skills and ABA therapy. You will be required for setting meeting times and ensuring that allocated ABA therapy and Adaptive Skills hours are met monthly. This job will require you to travel to clients home. Work hours are flexible as you will be the one setting your own schedule which is ideal for college students who are working towards a degree in psychology / special education / Teaching / ABA or a related field.
Supervision provided by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- Assist with socialization skills, adaptive skills, use of public transportation, community orientation, self-care, meal preparation, money management, vocational exploration and social/leisure exploration.
- Provide data collection according to Functional Behavior Assessment. Daily Logs and Timesheet's are also required to be filled out each day worked.
- Provide direct individual and group based behavior therapy and social skills facilitation.
- Monitor and evaluate student progress and behavior as it relates to behavioral systems
- Meet and regularly communicate with parents, classroom staff and therapists on behavioral progress of students
- Assist with implementing intervention to assist students in meeting their IEP goals, if applicable
- Respond to inquiries and concerns which arise from parents, students, teachers and staff.
ABA Behavior Therapist / Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 1 year experience in the field of ABA
Role: Behavior Therapist
Apply for this job now.