Upholstery Repair Technician
The position is responsible for performing repair and restoration process of assembled furniture. The Upholstery Technician will be required to perform minor mechanical repairs, hand sewing and leather repairs
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses damages and choose appropriate methods of repair for wood furniture, leather, fabric and upholstery.
- Color matching & blending
- Wood repairs including burn-ins & wood graining.
- Leather repairs including scuffs, holes and tears.
- Upholstery repairs including structural/mechanism replacements
- Must be comfortable working with hands and displays an aptitude for craftsmanship, artistic and/or carpentry services.
- Maintains a neat and safe work environment.
- Commitment to Walker Furniture’s safety policies and procedures and ability to promote awareness.
- Able to maintain a high level of attention to detail and professionalism
- A minimum two (2) years’ experience working with wood furniture, leather, fabric & upholstery
- Seamstress Experience a plus
- Experience using power tools.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Familiar with utilizing computers and the internet
- Able to work all shifts all schedules, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge and experience implementing and enforcing safety standards and procedures common to a shop environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule if necessary.
Make repairs to furniture requiring lifting, bending, kneeling, stooping and moving furniture of all sizes of up to and in excess of 100 lbs.
Local, Las Vegas Furniture Company with three locations, soon to be four. In business for 63 years and is a great family owned company. Company Mission Statement is: Our goal is to achieve 100% customer satisfaction before during and after the sale. Over 400 employees with a need to hire and train new employees as we grow to have our fourth location.
Role: Upholstery Repair Tech
Location: Las Vegas,
Apply for this job now.