SEN Teaching Assistant - Specialising in Hearing Impairments
£69.93 - £75.00 per day
Start date: ASAP
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: BSL level 2 or 3, practical experience of using this and at least 6 weeks experience working in a school or similar setting
Vision for Education are looking for BSL Teaching Assistants who have experience supporting individuals with hearing impairments, to work in Doncaster from asap. Please note that a minimum of level 2 BSL is required for this role.
Working as part of a dynamic and creative team, you will work closely with the Teacher of the Deaf to deliver the best possible care and support for the students in the class. You will be working with students who are profoundly deaf and require support both on a 1:1 basis and in group settings. British Sign Language will be the primary form of communication in this setting.
We're looking for Teaching Assistants who have had a range of direct experience working in an educational or non-educational setting and the ability to motivate and engage with young learners.
The school / setting
Working in a setting for the deaf requires the individual to have at least level 2 or more ideally level 3 in British Sign Language. In addition to this you will also be supporting a number of other Special Educational Needs which may include but are not limited to learning difficulties, Autism and emotional, physical disabilities and behavioural difficulties.
To be considered for the position of BSL Teaching Assistant you will require:
- Have experience as a Coder or able to sign to a high level (first language)
- Hold Level 3 British Sign Language Qualification and recent experience using this
- Previous experience supporting children and young adults who are profoundly deaf
- Available asap on a full time basis
- References to cover the last two years of your employment
- Ideally have your own vehicle or close links to public transport
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team, have a nurturing and caring nature and a genuine desire to make a difference
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified BSL Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the