Field Technician - Structural
JDS Consulting & Design is seeking individuals to work in our Construction Field Inspection Department on local projects. Our preferred candidates will have 3+ years of field engineering experience or 3+ years of construction management experience. Job focus will be on structural inspections and reporting. Company phone, vehicle, and gas card will be provided. All full time employees are salaried. Pay is commensurate with experience.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, solid math skills and reliability.
- Provide detailed daily reports of observations.
- Observe work and verify compliance with plans and specifications.
- Interact and communicate effectively with client representative.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
Candidate(s) will be subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions, in addition to hazards at construction sites, including heights, heavy equipment and possible highway traffic. Must be able to stand and walk on uneven surfaces. Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record required.
Benefits (After 60 Days of Employment)
- Excellent benefits plan paid 100% by JDS after 60 days of employment
- 15 Paid days off per year, plus sick days
- Full Medical & Dental Coverage for Employees
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Bonus Program
- Retirement Plan
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: 3+ years of field engineering experience or 3+ years of construction management
JDS is a multi-disciplined rapidly growing engineering firm, based in Raleigh, North Carolina. We have a solid reputation in the region for excellence in service, communication, and quality. JDS has been involved in tens of thousands of engineering projects in NC and beyond, including structural design, civil/land design, retaining-wall design, forensic studies, construction material testing and geotechnical engineering. You may have seen some of our work featured on the television series Extreme Makeover Home Edition, and Love It or List It.
Role: Structural Field Technician
Apply for this job now.