Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Managers with planning, preparation, and execution of detailed proposals to provide professional services with accurate bid packages.
- Attends pre-bid meetings and project walk-throughs.
- Analyzes and interprets architectural documents/blue prints to determine scope of work and take-offs.
- Analyzes blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Ability to read blueprints, work from shop drawings, and read/understand design drawings to fabricate custom millwork products.
- Ability to verify dimensions and build from design drawings with attention to detail and quality.
- Negotiates with the ability to engage effectively with vendors and clients; attending meetings with staff, architects and clients.
- Prepares cost estimates and summaries for hard and negotiated projects.
- Consults with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Consults with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Must be able to follow directions and be able to analyze a project/product to determine if there are any flaws or quality issues.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Recommends ways to reduce costs; by considering and evaluating different construction and manufacturing methods and options to determine the most cost-effective solution that meets the required specifications.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Understands the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs work in a manner consistent Vision and Core Values
- Creative Minded
- Solution Driven
- Quality Focused
- Respected Partners (Teamwork!)
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications & Skills:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Applied Science, Civil Engineering or related field
3+ years' experience in construction or civil estimating
Other Skills, Ability and/or Knowledge:
- Knowledge of project management lifecycle from conception to realization.
- Must communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of external professionals and in-house staff.
- Must be flexible and versatile, able to work with imagination and ingenuity.
- Must have solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task while balancing changing priorities and challenges.
- Proficient with Microsoft office software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of SmartSheet application is a plus.
- Must have a clean driving record with a valid license.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug testing.
- Pass a criminal background check.
Powered by JazzHR