FactoryFour is looking for a talented engineer to join our core web applications team, which is scaling its development in both internal and client-facing software. As a Junior Frontend Engineer, you will be at the nexus of design, product and the FactoryFour API, bringing everything together to create the modern software platform that disrupts the mindset of the manufacturing industry.
About the Role
- Develop mobile responsive and cross-browser compatible applications for users on a variety of devices
- Create design-forward applications that show just the right amount of information for each user
- Work with our API, which focuses on flexible data models with real time updates
Previous Jr. Frontend Engineers have:
- Created a highly customizable generator for forms, to accommodate a wide range of client-specific requirements
- Engineered and open-sourced a frontend caching utility to optimize our application load times
- Established a central toolkit of UI components for use across our web platforms
You are excited by new challenges and opportunities to learn and apply new technologies to everyday engineering. You're team-oriented, looking to share everything you learn and willing to give and take honest feedback for the sake of your team. You have an attention to detail, understanding that each pixel in a mockup has a purpose and should be implemented exactly so, but also raise questions when something doesn't translate between paper and screen. Most importantly, you know what you know and don't shy away from asking questions for everything else.
- Experience in Computer Science or related field
- Proficiency with Git
- Bonus points:
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience using RESTful API's
- Knowledge of good design and clean user interactions
- Work in two-week sprints
- Develop features using mockups from the design team
- Perform feature reviews with designers and product engineers, and code reviews with peers
- Deploy using our automated building and testing processes
- Monitor bugs using Bugsnag and Github Issues
Our Frontend Stack
- RESTful API
- Testing: Protractor, Jasmine, Jest, Enzyme
- Travis CI
FactoryFour is reinventing manufacturing management around a modern technology stack. We replace legacy software and spreadsheets with a real-time system of record that is highly customizable, simple to use, and quick to deploy.
Manufacturers depend on our platform to transform their businesses. It’s our duty to keep them up and running at all times, giving them stellar service while improving their processes so they can build better and faster.
You’ll join a team challenging the status quo on a mission to impact one of the largest and most established industries in the world. We invest heavily in empowering our team to think creatively and pursue their ideas, and champion interdisciplinary collaboration and dynamic learning.
FactoryFour believes in Equal Employment and diversity is in our DNA. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment based only on their merit, personality, and drive.
Role: Jr. Frontend Engineer
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.