We are seeking a Staffing Consultant to join our team! Seeking candidates for an internal position at our Staffing (Temp) Agency with locations in Delaware, OH and North Columbus, OH.
1. Recruiting and Employment
• Develops and maintains recruiting sources to ensure consistent applicant flow.
• Receives and processes inquiry calls from applicants and associates.
• Conducts job interviews, administers and scores tests, evaluates applicant skills, abilities, and availability.
• Verifies professional/personal references and employment history through written and verbal communication with all available reference sources.
• Verifies degrees, certifications, and qualifications.
• Determines applicant suitability.
• Completes employment process by auditing all applicant-completed documents and conducts orientations about policies, procedures, compensation, benefits, and the employer/employee relationship.
• Determines associate compatibility and availability and assigns to client.
• Assures reasonable accommodations to provide access to the employment process for individuals with limitations, and ensures that clients also provide reasonable accommodations for work site needs.
• Assigns associates to client accounts, advising associates of client’s location, the person to whom they will report, working conditions, essential job functions, work schedule, pay rate, and all other pertinent information.
2. Client Relations
• Conducts periodic sales and service calls* on existing and potential clients to identify and solve problems as well as stimulate greater business opportunity.
• Analyzes client’s operation and develops and presents alternative staffing strategies suited to client-specific needs.
• Receives and processes inquiry calls from clients and prospects.
• Receives job orders and ascertains client’s essential job function requirements, FLSA exemption status, and assignment details.
• Tours client facilities periodically to observe working conditions, production requirements, presence of legal posters, and Material Safety Data Sheets.
• Determines basic OSHA compliance and investigates accidents.
• Advises clients concerning bill rates and pertinent assignment-related information.
• Researches issues and is able to advise clients about employment laws and practices relevant to co-employment and effective employee relations practices.
* Must maintain a valid state driver’s license.
3. Employee Relations
• Gathers associate work performance data from clients in accordance with quality assurance procedures.
• Monitors and records associate performance and provides necessary feedback.
• Provides associate counseling and appropriate disciplinary action to correct performance problems.
• Terminates unsatisfactory associates.
• Receives, investigates, and processes associate complaints and allegations of discrimination, harassment, and other worksite problems.
• Ensures the local office complies with federal, state, and municipal statutes and regulations governing the employment process and co-employment relationships.
• Applies policies and procedures in resolving time card errors and client billing discrepancies to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of paychecks and invoices.
• Meets with Sales Representative daily to review progress on accounts and other pertinent client information.
• Maintains client good will and helps collect delinquent accounts, including negotiating payment with client decision-makers.
• Spends a portion of each day making telephone sales calls to fill client needs and provide assignments for quality associates and candidates.
• Shares information with outside sales representatives to increase sales and hours.
• Maintains reference material on applicable employment laws.
• Maintains awareness of local labor market, business conditions, activities of competing companies, and industry-related trends.
• Prepares and submits activity reports, ideas, and articles for the associate newsletter.
• Other projects and activities as assigned.
• Provides administrative supervision of up to 150 associates.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Occasional trips to client locations require travel and potential exposure to unpleasant weather conditions.
• Ability to sit for extended periods and maintain the normal range of body motion.
• Must be able to work effectively under the stress of multiple daily deadlines and commitments.
• Occasional out-of-town trips may be required to attend special events and training sessions.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field suggested, or equivalent education and experience in business, sales, customer service, or public relations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Must have a working knowledge of the co-employment relationship and applicable federal and state employment laws including the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, the Americans With Disabilities Act, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, and the Family and Medical Leave Act.
• Should have thorough knowledge of the staffing and placement services offered by as well as pricing techniques and strategies.
• Should have an understanding of general business, office terminology, and basic computer skills.
• Should possess strong interpersonal, communication, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to compose routine correspondence and reports.
ROLE OF THE STAFFING CONSULTANT
The Staffing Consultant - the inside sales person - in an office plays a vital role because the Staffing Consultant is the link between both the client companies and the associates (temporary employees). The Staffing Consultant consistently exercises discretionary judgment in administering systems and procedures in recruiting, hiring, and assigning associates to clients within the territory. The Staffing Consultant is also responsible for retaining qualified associates and for inside sales, including responsibility for increasing sales and hours by making telephone sales calls for a portion of each day.
If a Staffing Consultant can assign a high percentage of associates and keep a greater number of associates working longer, the results are increased revenue, reduced recruiting costs, and better service to clients.
Clients appreciate and come back for quality service. The Staffing Consultant takes the job order, assigns the associate, and follows up to ensure client satisfaction. The quality of service causes a client company to select one staffing service over another.
Service is based on people, and people are never perfect. However, a good Staffing Consultant can smooth out difficulties resulting from human imperfections and assure both quality and quantity in terms of associates and assignments.
STAFFING CONSULTANT PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
The Staffing Consultant must meet the following objectives regularly to be successful.
1. Maintain an extremely high-level of daily activity to fill all job orders with urgency.
a. Fill 100% of all qualified job orders as rapidly as possible.
b. Recruit as necessary to fill all orders.
2. Qualify and take a thorough and complete job order.
a. Adhere to the Job Order Process. This requires communicating with the client to understand the core duties of the job, the required skills, and the environment of the company.
b. Ensure the job order is fillable based on the availability of associates and the timeline in which clients’ needs are met.
3. Generate and expand business with existing accounts and new accounts.
a. Broaden and diversify using the Total Client Care sales approach
This is a full time salaried exempt position. Prefer candidates who can work in either and/or both offices. Will consider candidates for only one office location.
Please reply with a current resume', salary history, and contact information to be considered.
Salary Range of Low $31,200 - Mid $38,100 - High $45,000 (No Medical Benefits)
Please complete an Express Employment Professionals on-line application, by going to #
Click on the blue box "Job Seekers".
Click on the blue box "Register or Apply Now".
Proceed from there to create an account and apply on line.
Be sure to include up to four prior employers (click Add Employer at the bottom of the screen after you have entered your most recent prior employer).
Please answer ALL of the questions as completely and descriptive as possible.
At the end of the application process, select the Express office you would like to notify about your application. Scroll down to Select and Click on: "OH-Delaware (Columbus North)".
Role: Staffing Consultant
Apply for this job now.