Looking to make a difference in a child's life? Interested in helping children reach their goals? Join our mission-driven team at ESF Camps & Experiences for a fun and rewarding summer as a Camp Aquatics Director/Manager! ESF is hiring motivated leaders with prior experience supervising children who believe in ESF's mission, build positive relationships and ensure the well-being of others. Make a positive impact on children while receiving comprehensive training, professional development, resume building, and networking opportunities. ESF offers:
- internships and field work opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students
- teaching positions with continuing education and leadership opportunities for educators
- great summer schedule
- employee referral bonus program
- year-round aftercare opportunities
Each day, Dream Camp provides hundreds of urban youth in Hartford, CT an opportunity to become the people we know they can be. Most importantly, we offer them the opportunity to become the people they want to be.
The hours are typically the following: three (3) days per week: 7:30 am-4:30 pm; one (1) day per week: 7:30 am-5:15 pm, and one (1) day per week, 7:30 am-5:45 pm; Monday - Friday. Start and end times may vary depending on the location and camp. The Aquatics Director at Trinity College works five (5) consecutive weeks from June 28 through July 30, 2021. The Aquatics Director is responsible for the direct care and supervision of all campers and Team Members in the Aquatics program. This position will require the Aquatics Director to supervise campers, implement the ESF Aquatics curriculum, promote camp activities, and provide a safe and fun learning environment while serving as a positive role model for campers and staff. The pool at Dream Camp at Trinity College is an indoor pool.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Aquatics Directors would manage a team of 4 to 5 lifeguards/swim instructors and an Assistant Aquatics Director (based on enrollment).
- Must be able to teach new guards how to instruct swim lessons for campers.
- Perform pool maintenance duties and complete water logs.
- Inform site director of any concerns regarding the health and safety of the campers.
- In order to provide the appropriate ratio, the site director must approve any non-contracted requests for time off, schedule changes, or alterations to the schedule.
- Be present at pool at all times.
- Record any incident concerning any occurrence at the pool.
- Make sure instructors are prepared each day to teach swimming skills.
- Know and understand each swimming skill level and the skills that are taught.
- Group supervision of campers with attention to behavior and group management, health and safety, security, and personal and skill development.
- Monitor safety and security of all campers and Team Members.
- Complete assigned paperwork.
- Serve as a positive role model to campers.
- Outstanding communication skills which include the ability to use clear, concise and grammatically correct written and oral language in all aspects of professional interaction with campers, their families, peers, leadership team and the larger community.
- Ability to push/pull, lift and carry a minimum of 35lbs.
- Endurance to work outside and on your feet for 6-8 hours per day
- Ability to respond to emergency situations which may require running (up to 1 mile in some cases) and climbing stairs.
- Good physical condition which enables candidate to execute all of this position's responsibilities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience working with children in a supervisory or administrative capacity
- Performance management and facilitation experience (preferred)
- Two to four (2-4) years administrative/leadership experience (required)
- Staff supervision experience
- Teaching certification (preferred)
- Previous experience working with inner-city youth and families preferred
- It is understood you will complete all trainings and pre-employment credentials required by ESF and the state you are working in.
- Aquatics Director must have all current certifications:
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid Certification,
- Current American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer Certification, and
- Current local Pool Operator's Certification
- Optional-Lifeguard Instructor Certification (certified to train/certify lifeguards) is a plus!
Covid-19 Health & Safety Protocols:
ESF has developed and will be implementing an Advanced Safety Plan to ensure our campers, team members, and parents thrive in a safe environment. This plan includes detailed safety measures in the following areas. Team members will be trained on all protocols and full compliance is expected.
- Limited enrollment and smaller group sizes
- Camper and staff screening with use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Cleaning, disinfecting, and hand washing
- Premier outdoor facilities
- Reasonable contact reduction, including social distancing practices
- Symptom Management Action Plan
- Specialized Safety Training
Other Requirements/Competencies for Success:
- Understand and support the mission of the organization
- Commit to the growth and development of youth
- Always have a positive, can-do attitude
- Demonstrate excellent judgment; identify problems and work quickly to find solutions
- Desire to make a difference in the life of a child
- Attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrate the ESF Virtues of Character (Gratitude, Respect, Trustworthiness, Effort, Kindness, Positivity, Resilience, Community) in camp on a daily basis
- Follow the ESF Code and maintain the ESF Look at all times
- Exhibit ESF Core Values at all times and to adhere to all company policies
- Reports directly to and takes direction from Site Director.