Data Scientist, DWP Digital- Up to £50,938 + up to 27% great pension+ great benefits +performance related bonus + flexible working + work life balance
Are you a problem solver who is creative with data?
Do you have Open-Source technologies /Python/R programming ?
Do you want to get your teeth into complex unstructured data ?
Are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation?
Then look no further, we'd love to hear from you!
DWP Digital with Purpose.
You will be joining our Service Design team as part of our expanding Data & Analytics community of Data Engineers.
You'll help us to convert raw data complex unstructured data into insights and recommendations so that DWP can shape real change to products and services used by millions and ultimately optimise digital services. This includes Universal Credit one of our flagship programmes where we will look at data analysis to prevent and detect fraud and error in our benefits system including serious organised crime.
We have 4 opportunities in our Data & Analytics, Service Design team : 2 x HEO (Junior level) and 2 x SEO level based in our London hub.
Watch the video to find out what Daniel enjoys about being a #DataScientist in DWP Digital. Watch the video to find out what Daniel enjoys about being a #DataScientist in DWP Digital. Watch the video to find out what Daniel enjoys about being a #DataScientist in DWP DigitalWatch the video to find out why Daniel enjoys about being a Data Scientist at DWP Digital..
Watch the video to find out what Daniel enjoys about being a #DataScientist in DWP Digital.https://twitter.com/DWPDigitalJobs/status/1093862048201654272
Duties. Work. Projects.
As a service design-focused Data Scientist working on Universal Credit, you will own projects that turn data into insights and recommendations that directly impact the design and development of its digital service. As the Universal Credit service grows and develops, it will scale to provide services to 7 million claimants whilst being used daily by thousands of DWP employees and third parties at service and job centres across the country. You will need to be a self-starter who is motivated by using impactful and creative applications of data science to deliver against user needs. The Department as a whole is undergoing a major digital transformation programme and data science is recognised as having a critical role to play; not only in the better design of our services, but also making them more personalised for each individual's circumstances and making big shifts in our effectiveness and efficiency. As a Service Design specialist you will be responsible for studying user behaviour, strategic initiatives, and new product features to bring data-driven insights and recommendations into every decision we make. Above all, your work will directly impact the way the Universal Credit digital service is designed, developed and delivered.
What are we looking for?
The roles and responsibilities for this position include, but are not restricted to :
SEO ( Senior Executive Officer)
* Own specific data science 'projects' (e.g. experiments or new capability) which includes identifying a specific business need, data gathering, requirements specification, determining the best tools, data and techniques to address it, execute analysis, ongoing deliverables and presentations;
* Engage with cross-functional digital teams of product owners, business analysts, user researchers, designers and developers to elicit the underlying causes of business problems and inefficiencies and support their design objectives with insights;
* Use a range of coding practices to build scalable data products for a range of users within a technology context (e.g. big data, unstructured, cloud). Use Agile techniques and work as part of a delivery team;
* Prototype and/or iterate existing solutions such as: - Data analytics that find potential opportunities or problem behaviours previously unknown or unquantified; - Rapid prototypes of data-driven tools that test hypotheses with stakeholders and end users; - Create and validate machine learning models that can be deployed within digital applications;
* Share key findings with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders, utilising interactive visualisation techniques effectively; * Keep abreast of Data Science wider landscape and emerging technologies across Government and industry in order to help make DWP a leader in the Digital space;
* Actively participate in the wider capability development of Data Science in DWP through aspects such as code sharing or 'show and tells' (via collaboration tools or presentations);
* Understand the ethical considerations of potential data science approaches, and the legislation applicable in this area, i.e. GDPR, DPA etc. Aware of existing Government and other frameworks, and ensure work adheres to key privacy, security and data protection principles.
HEO ( Higher Executive Officer)
* Support the delivery of analytics or software projects produced by Data Scientists or Data Analysts * Provide support to specific projects or individual pieces of work under direction of the product owner
* Use a range of coding practices to build scalable data products for a range of users within a technology context (e.g. big data, unstructured, cloud) * Provide support into the research and evaluation of new tools and techniques
* Have responsibility for the maintenance of a catalogue of data exploitation products
* Supporting the growth of the team, by keeping abreast of market and industry trends and sharing knowledge and experience with the rest of the team
* Helping to facilitate communication of technical findings, models, and insights to different technical and non-technical audiences
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at PaceWe'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Data Analysis & Synthesis
Also, great to have but not essential..
- A Maths/ Statistics/Science background
- Experience working in a product analytics or insight role, ideally with digital products or services
- Capable of tackling challenging problems that are often unknown or very loosely defined, with a passion and curiosity to ask great questions to truly understand what's going on, and experience translating analysis into actionable recommendations
Where You'll Work
You'll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in the heart of London in Westminster.
Find out more here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
Each of our hubs is a modern, vibrant workplace that was designed for and by members of our digital community. Our central hubs have the best of the city on the doorstep, and we have a range of facilities across the sites from cafes, coffee shops and restaurants.
Here we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We're the UK's biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £50,938 per annum, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities and lots more..
Building Our Future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we're serious about investing in your ability.
You'll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills and experience you'll acquire on the job. You'll share ideas with colleagues from across the tech community, and grow your skills via our coaching and mentoring programmes.
For further information click apply or contact
To APPLY just click on the link below :