Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £26,000 - £29,000 per annum
Safeguarding Team Leader
Fixed Term Contract until July 2024
FTE Salary up to £29,000
Greater Manchester Further Education College
To effectively manage a team of Safeguarding Practitioners to ensure a high quality level of safeguarding support and interventions are provided.
Provide safeguarding case assessments, reviews and monitoring focused on targeted and timely support for at-risk students including high risk safeguarding.
- Line-manage a team of Safeguarding Practitioners including setting targets, completing appraisals and addressing any performance issues as per HR policies and procedures.
- Liaise with and lead on 'safeguarding risk’ meetings with to identify and case load students to Safeguarding Practitioners where appropriate.
- Carry out timely and effective risk profiling for all safeguarding alerts and record decisions on college server.
- Carry out initial assessments and allocate cases to the Safeguarding Practitioners
- Monitor timely safeguarding actions and ensure referrals to appropriate support services are made in line with the Safeguarding Policy
- Ensure all high risk safeguarding risks are shared with the Head of Safeguarding and Pastoral Support and the Designated Safeguarding Leads.
- A strong understanding of Safeguarding in Education.
- Experience in a similiar role.
- Qualified to at least Level 4 in a relevant subject - e.g. Teaching, Social Care, Youth Work, Careers Guidance
- Minimum of Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics or equivalent
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
- Ability to train and develop.
- Ability to foster a culture of teamwork and excellence