Customer Sales Representative
Certified Management Group
Location: Remote/Field based (In trade)
Reports to: Director of Sales Operations
Travel Required: 100% local in-market travel
Summary of Objectives:
The Customer Sales Representative position is responsible for cultivating productive business relationships within the independent and chain customers to achieve sales volume and points of distribution targets within their designated market area. Initiates contact with current and potential customers. Assesses and identifies needs of the customer and provides business improvement solutions to positively impact their business.
Core Job Responsibilities:
· Actively solicits accounts by selling new items and points of distribution for new and existing accounts.
· Drives authorized distribution and compliance in chain or independent stores through store audits.
· Builds rapport with store managers/owners to improve product placement position or resolve issues.
· Actively solicits promotion/marketing programs to achieve business objectives and strategies, including pre-sell programs, placements of racks/displays and points of sale.
· Supports speed to shelf on new item launches to facilitate consumer purchase and trial, including market sales blitzes.
· Facilitates excellence in execution by planning, communicating, anticipating, measuring and reporting results consistently and implementing corrective actions when necessary.
· Provides market and/or competitive intelligence based on observations in the market.
· Provides weekly market area tracking results to share key activities and progress made with accounts.
· Utilizes analytical data such as Nielsen to identify customer opportunities, trends, and manage sell-in and sell-through results.
· Manages expenses accurately according to budget.
· Strong Communication Skills - Must maintain consistent and open line of communication in all areas of business: leadership team, peer-to-peer, cross-functional & inter-departmental, and field/customer/distributor.
· Collaborative Mindset - Pursue and promote best practices amongst peers and leadership team.
· Self-Starter - Sufficiently motivated to undertake projects on own initiative, holding themselves to a high standard. Recognize importance of developing a plan to meet objectives.
· Time Management Skills - Plan and develop daily sales routes efficiently and effectively.
· Results Driven - Demonstrate a sense of eagerness and commitment to exceed designated sales goals according to evolving business objectives. Ability to sell and negotiate through fact-based selling using qualitative and quantitative data.
· Customer/Client Focus - Ongoing relationship management and development.
· High school diploma (or equivalent) required
· 2 + years of Field Sales, Account Management.
· Demonstrated success in previous roles.
· Solid analytical and tech skills: MS Office
· Valid driver's license with good driving record required.
Certified Management Group (CMG) is a brand management company that connects brands to consumers through nontraditional channels. We partner with high-velocity brands like Coca Cola, Nestle Waters, Hostess, etc. using our unique sales force to leverage and increase brand presence, awareness, and performance. Just one year ago, CMG was made up of 15 people. Today we have 80, and by EOY 2018 we expect to have 90+ on the team. So needless to say, we are growing rapidly and don't expect that to change - especially since we are operating in a space that is free of competition!
Company website: #
Role: Field Customer Sales Representative
Location: Orange County,
Apply for this job now.