Working in partnership with a reputable organisation based in Greater London who due to expansion are looking for an EMEA Fixed Asset Accounting Clerk to work within their EMEA Shared Service Centre.
Maintains Fixed Asset ledger accounts for entities that are covered by the EMEA Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC) - including:
- Updating and maintaining Fixed Asset ledger accounts for US GAAP & Statutory reporting
- Timely and accurate monthly balance sheet account reconciliations as per template used by the EMEA FSSC
- Timely analysis, identification, communication and resolution of balance sheet account reconciliation issues
- Assigning transaction codes to documents
- Ensuring that all IO are settled at month-end
- Ensuring that depreciation is recorded properly for each asset monthly
- Prepares journal entries to general ledger
- Assisting and preparing annual property tax filings
- Assuring documents being processed are included in the appropriate accounting period
- Analysis and verifies internal consistency, completeness, and arithmetic accuracy of accounting documents
- Analysis and researches and corrects issues related to accounting
- Communicates issues with errors, procedure violations and discrepancies with all levels of management
- Manage administration of physical count of FA, and makes appropriate adjustments to ledger for assets for adds and disposals.
- Manage the asset tagging process once an asset is placed in service
Month-end closing activities including:
- Updating & maintaining month-end/quarter-end/year-end closing schedules
- Performs balance sheet and income statement account analyses and actual versus budget comparisons to determine if there are missing entries or significant variances that require further investigation.
- Processes accruals during month-end close
- Preparing the monthly Fixed Asset roll forwards that ties to the GL.
- Assisting in preparation of QVRs
- Assisting for responding to any questionnaires from corporate
- Preparing & distributing Qtrly FA Impairment Memo and Fixed Asset Register to Finance/Operations Business
- Experience in fixed asset accounting
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or equivalent. Alternatively - part qualified of relevant degree (ACCA or CIMA) or willingness to start any such part qualification
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and US GAAP accounting required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving background.
- Experience in process and project management skills.
- Experience in process redesign and/or efficiency
- Experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in large multinational company with a high volume, performance driven environment
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Role: Fixed Asset Accountant
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire
Apply for this job now.