This position is responsible for assuring the consistent quality of production by enforcing compliance to part drawings and tool drawings. The Quality Inspector is responsible for accurate quality inspection of parts in a metal stamping and assembly environment. You will need to work independently as well as with various departments on quality and dimensional issues. You will be required to complete customer inspection reports and to document internal procedures, processes, and standards. Must have the ability to interpret complex drawings and customer specifications. Must have the ability to understand and follow statistical process control techniques. This is a 1st shift position for Monday through Friday with a rotating schedule for a half-day on Saturday.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Inspect incoming, in-process, and outgoing products and materials to engineering specifications using basic measuring and test equipment.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspection of purchased parts, tight tolerance machined and manufactured parts, components, assemblies and materials using calibrated standards and equipment.
- Perform first article inspection on new and revised components.
- Generate, distribute and file inspection reports as required.
- Document non-conforming product when detected.
- Initiate, track, and close non-conformance reports and corrective actions.
- Complete and maintain all documentation per customer and/or internal requirements.
- Routinely use standard measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, pin gauges, torque gauges, etc.
- Perform product testing using hardness testers, leak testers, and force testers.
- Conduct gauge studies and calibrations as necessary.
Role that this position reports to: Quality Manager
High School Degree required
Some college coursework is preferred
- 2+ Years performing close tolerance mechanical inspections
- Performing 1st Article
- Generating PPAP documentation
- Experience with metal stamping and fabrication
- Knowledge of ISO 9001
- Strong math skills
- Ability to read blueprints, including GD&T
- Strong computer skills (MS Office)
- SPC charting experience and decision-making
Cosmos Manufacturing Inc. is the world's leading muffler and engine parts manufacturer for small to medium sized engines. During our 45 years serving the lawn and garden industry we have developed a reputation for quality and innovation.
Role: Quality Inspector
Location: South Chicago Heights,
Apply for this job now.