Youth Support Worker
£350.00 to 375.00 per week
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: 4 to 6 weeks referenceable experience within a relevant setting
Start date: ASAP
Vision for education are seeking Youth Support Workers to join our team from ASAP for a temporary to permanent role in Chesterfield.
The role of Youth Support Worker will involve you working in a variety of schools and settings, supporting young people who are disengaged from education in the Chesterfield area. This can work around your personal circumstances, for example alongside your studies, another job or on a full time basis.
All of the schools that vision for education work with are dedicated to offering the best possible learning experience tailored to each students individual needs.
To be considered for the Youth Support worker position, you will:
- Have a minimum of 20 days experience in a school based support role
- A reference to cover a 6 week period (this does not have to be full time) experience on a relevant setting as above
- Previous experience of working with behaviours that challenge is highly desirable
- Able to engage with and support young people who are disengaged from mainstream education
- An enhanced DBS registered to the update service or the willingness to apply for one
- The ability to work on initiative and proactively
- The desire to work with young people with special educational needs
- Available full time
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Youth Support Worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact Katy on our SEND team on #removed# #removed#