Start Date ASAP 12 month minimum contract
37.5 Hours per week Full time
Customers are at the forefront of everything we do. If you are a customer centric individual who understands the importance of not good, but excellent customer service, then look no further as PerfectHome is the company for you!
Established in 2006, PerfectHome is a on-line retailer that offers top quality household products to customers through flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options.
We are currently looking for Senior Complaints Handlers to work in our prestigious offices based in Sheldon Birmingham. Reporting to the Complaints Team Manager, the Senior Case Handler is responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient management of Financial Ombudsman Complaints and all other escalated complaints as a primary function, ensuring a consistent and compliant approach to all case handling activities. Data gathering and trend analysis will be a key requirement within the role including the production of management reporting information at both senior and board level.
= Complete the necessary investigative work required to assist in evidence gathering for each assigned case.
= Adjudicate on case files
= Identify complaints outside of jurisdiction?
= Effectively and efficiently compile business submissions within the acknowledged time scale assigned
= There will be an expectation that you are able to confidently challenge any FOS views where appropriate and the evidence allows.
= You will be required to calculate settlements that are both accurate and supported by comprehensive data for the approval by Senior Management.
= Liaise with stakeholders to action agreed settlements.
= Keep up to date records of case volumes to assist in the timely follow up and required response within required framework.
= Identify and raise any concerning trends and or workload levels to management, along with any perceived customer journey / outcome improvements
= Produce monthly reports on case volumes, and FOS decisions for discussion and circulation to the wider management teams
= Demonstrate the highest level of integrity and consistency in your decision-making process in all claims handling situations.
= Confident in raising any suggestions of improvement or matters of concern identified and provide a strategy for the implementation of any agreed change.
= Keep up to date on Ombudsman publications, decisions&changes.
= Keep up to date with DISP and any FCA handbook changes.
= Effectively manage the expectation of both internal and external customer.
= Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the role and to meet the changing needs of the business.
- A high degree of initiative, resourcefulness, flexibility and a self-motivating approach, with the ability to work with minimal supervision and also within a team environment, whilst at the same time being able to identify when issues need to be escalated.
- The ability to work under a large workload, demonstrating exceptional organisational skills with good time management and demonstrating high attention to detail including record keeping.
- Excellent communication and literacy skills that include verbal, written,, numeracy, letter and report writing skills along with the required IT skills in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, publisher and database usage.
- Good understanding of FCA compliance rules, Financial Ombudsman Service complaint handling guidelines and DISP.
- Full understanding of both Treating Customers Fairly and Business Principles and investing time in producing fair outcomes to our customers.
- Ability to think analytically, draw conclusions from evidence / data and present back in a clear and concise manner.
- Must have experience in directly dealing with and personally handling FOS claims
- Experience of complaint handling within a regulated financial service industry.
- Comfortable in presenting and liaising with senior management and board directors
- 12 months experience in a senior role.
- Flexible approach to working patterns.
- Experience of working within the financial services sector.
- Experience of working within a Complaints Department.
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday entitlement, increasing with service to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Your birthday off, every year!
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Policies (subject to qualifying conditions)
- Company sick pay (subject to scheme rules)
- Gym membership
- Perkbox Medical
- Medical Health Cashplan
For this role a 'Basic’ Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be carried out with successful applicants.