Platform Senior Server EndPoint Engineer - Endpoint, McAfee, FireEye HX, Symantec, Tanium, DLP, Java, Perl, Python
FTSE 100 Utilities provider is seeking an innovative, and experienced Platform Server EndPoint Engineer to join the Security Platform Server Engineering team. EndPoint Engineers are the primary technical resource for the complex and diverse platforms and systems. Successful candidates will possess expertise on platform security, resilience and optimization and have a solid understanding of information security and networking.
Currently the company is operating a 100% WFH policy. A return to normality will see successful candidates working a miniumum of 2/3 days a week from home.
The Senior Platform Server EndPoint Engineer:
- Provides leadership and guidance to less experienced engineers in the platform security organization.
- Subject Matter expert highly skilled in the installation and configuration of endpoint server security tools such as antivirus, configuration management, and asset recognition.
- Experience with Endpoint detection and protection tools such as McAfee, FireEye HX, Symantec, Tanium.
- Knowledge with GPOs, SCCM, IBM Big Fix, AD (Active Directory) Bit Locker. Firewall hardening advantageous.
- Experience securing applications, data at rest and in transit at the Workstation, server and cloud
- Strong background in supporting enterprise security applications and services.
- Strong understanding of Cyber Security and associated domains.
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management systems and Role Based Access Control.
- Engineering of security agents/solutions to integrate into Security Orchestration, Automation & Response.
- Advise on Data Leakage Policy Development
- Engineering for Back End management server infrastructure and databases
- Integration with analytics and compliance tooling
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation
- Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and solutions.
- Hardening of network, software and firmware.
- Security tool development (eg scanning tools).
- Security metrics definition and delivery.
- Collaborate and consult across all security towers and teams and across all of Information Technology.
- Champion secure coding practices.
- Experience conducting analysis of electronic media, packet capture, log data in support of enterprise level information security operations.
- Experience documenting, building and testing reference architectures.
- Consulting with stakeholders to define needs/requirements in orrder to advise and recommend solutions.
- Excellent communication, written, and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including Senior Executive
- Delivery of high performing low latency services
- Definition and monitoring of service level indicators and objectives to ensure platform help
- Response and problem resolution; capacity planning; change management
- Automation, automation, automation
- Vendor relationship management
- Partner with the security incident response team to ensure customer needs are met.
- Create innovative solutions to automate and reduce timeframes for operational changes
- Create rules for compliance and audit requirements Participating in the organization's incident response process
- Create custom rules/rule modifications and custom reports/report modifications as needed.
- Add/Remove data & log sources. Troubleshoot issues with log sources or systems with vendor, and report system defects as needed.
- Perform software upgrades, updates and patches as needed.
- Create client-specific Watch Lists if necessary.
- Attend vendor-specific meetings and conferences for business and professional development.
- Responsible for testing and configuring new products and technologies.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills to independently resolve communication and systems issues
- Participate in special projects, as needed, and perform other duties as assigned
- Architect/Engineer Data Leakage Prevention Security Engineering a plus
The Senior Platform Server EndPoint Engineer will be a strong multi-tasker with a keen eye for detail that thrives in a fast-paced work environment. Innovative, analytical and driven.
- Bachelor's Degree with concentration in engineering/computer science or c5 years' experience in similar role.
- Working experience and knowledge of operating systems (eg: Windows, UNIX/Linux) and databases
- Must participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Experience with modern end-point protection tools a must.
- Knowledge in various Scripting and programming languages (Java, Perl, Python, C++ etc.) a plus
- Must be able to work independently as well as work as part of a fast-moving team
- Ability to meet deadlines, time constraints and periodic requirements
- Experience designing secure networks, systems and resilient application architectures
- Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- Understanding of entire technology stack of networks, databases, applications and endpoints
- Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures a plus.
- Detailed-oriented with strong communication, Interpersonal and organizational skills.
Role: Senior Platform Server EndPoint Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Apply for this job now.