The Systems Engineer will function as a member of our Client Technology Teams. They are typically assigned 2-6 clients, which they will make scheduled site visits for the purpose of providing technology guidance regarding IT systems, infrastructure needs, or project progress.
Duties and responsibilities
- Scheduled travel to our client’s sites to meet with client IT directors or Point of Contacts, to discuss infrastructure and IT systems guidance or projects.
- Communicate with other members of their assigned Client Engagement Teams to convey client infrastructure needs, project needs and progress, client feedback or Systems Engineering needs.
- Deploy IT infrastructure projects working with other members of the CET or Project teams, provide follow ups, and mentor Systems Administrators.
- Perform network and systems assessments when needed or requested.
- Manage and guide the infrastructure of assigned clients.
- Provide escalation point for issues that require more experience and skill to resolve.
- Provide timely updates to assigned tickets in our Connectwise PSA system.
- Provide ticket time entries at the time of service and in conformance with published ticket and time SOPs.
- Update clients site documentation with any changes made or to check and insure accuracy of documentation.
- Participate in companies “on-call” rotation, conforming to SOPs for that process.
- Manage assigned client(s) when needed
- Assist in Remote Support during unscheduled time.
- 4 or more years of IT infrastructure management and deployment experience.
- 2 or 4 year degree in an IT related discipline.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and operating systems.
- Network knowledge of switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Strong PC and network\internet troubleshooting skills.
- Strong attention to detail, strong follow through and follow up on tasks and tickets.
- MAC OSX knowledge or willingness to learn.
- Certifications like MCSA, MCSE, VCP are preferred.
Growing IT Support company with 20 years of proven success looking for honest, hardworking, people to continue to grow the company and peoples careers.
Role: Systems Engineer
Apply for this job now.