Company: CRAVE AMERICAN KITCHEN & SUSHI BAR
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Job DescriptionDuties and Responsibilities:
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from guests.
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times.
- Make guests feel appreciated through your actions.
- Count drinks guests are served.
- Be attentive! Offer your assistance before guests have to ask for it.
- Work as a team with all personnel in order to maintain an effective atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service.
- Collect payment for drinks served.
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Serve wine, and bottled or draft beer.
- Limit problems and liability related to guests' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading guests to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated guests.
- Prep bar ingredients made in house (e.g. simple syrups, sweet and sour); prep and stock all garnishes.
- Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment/ restock glassware from the dishwasher.
- Remove recycling full of empty bottles.
- Clean bars, work areas and tables.
- Balance cash drawer when shift is completed
- Other duties as directed.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- Alcohol Service Certification a plus.
- Basic mathematical skills; handle money and give correct change.
- Basic reading skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of beer, wine and spirits, and be familiar with standard drink recipes
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Multi-task oriented.
This is an hourly paid position. Days and hours of work vary according to business hours and job requirements. Business operates seven (7) days a week; and hours start as early as 9 AM and can go as late as 2 AM depending on the work required. Work Culture:
Our bartenders carry out our Vision of Being the Leading Purveyor of the Spirit of Hospitality by making sure Every Guest is Leaving Happy! This role will require fast paced service done with a smile and a high level of communication with guests, co workers, Managers and Chefs.