Do you have excellent behaviour management skills and a passion for working with children and young people?
On behalf of a well-established secondary school in the BD6 area of Bradford, we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Behaviour Support Worker, motivated to inspire children to take responsibility of their learning. The role will require you to support with classroom based tasks and also work on a 1:1 and a small-group basis supporting the children emotionally and with their education and learning.
Candidates with relevant experience within education and those with experience from a non-educational setting e.g. Security officer are also welcomed to apply. This is an incredibly rewarding role that demands a dedicated, resilient individual wanting to fully commit to the position.
DBS on the Update Service or be willing to have one
Relevant experience in behaviour management
As a behaviour support worker, you will:
- show resilience in managing difficult behaviours and driving positive outcomes
- have the ability to engage children at different abilities in their learning
- possess a calming and friendly manor, responding sensitively to children's needs
- be proactive in supporting the social and emotional welfare of children
- be an effective communicator as part of a team and developing an open and honest relationship with the children
- recognise barriers to learning and motivate the children to bridge gaps in their learning
Those with training or experience using Positive Handling Strategies (e.g. Team Teach) are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate may also benefit from extra training from Teaching Personnel.