Are you a Support Worker who wants to make a real difference to the lives of people at risk of homelessness and drug and alcohol dependency? If so, we have work for you!
- Location: Cardiff
- Shifts available: A mixture of day shifts and waking nights to choose from, with weekdays and weekends both available
- Pay: £8.55 - £10.29
The organisation offers accommodation and support to those who are at risk of homelessness and often those who are dependent on drugs and alcohol. They believe that vulnerable people should be given the chance to live a safer and happier life. The hostel has 24-hour staffing to support single homeless people aged over 18 years old.
Each resident will have their own living space and share communal living rooms. The hostel includes laundry facilities, bathrooms and showers. All residents meet regularly with their Project Worker who will offer personal development work, access to appropriate services (drug/alcohol support, mental health etc.) and advice on seeking permanent accommodation.
Vetro Recruitment are looking for project workers to provide short notice cover for a wide range of shifts. Shifts can include days, sleep-in's and waking nights during the week and on weekends.
As a Support Worker you will be responsible for the following:
- To support the residents with their day-to-day living.
- To ensure the safety of the residents and provide a safe environment for them to live in.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours and provide emotional support when needed.
- Promote the tenant's independence and well-being.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the residents, other staff and professionals.
- Conduct welfare checks to ensure that the residents are safe.
- Experience as a Support Worker in a similar role is essential
- An open and approachable person
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build good relationships with service users, staff and professionals
- Experience of working with individuals who are at homeless or at risk of homelessness
- A DBS on the online update service would be desirable
- 28 days Holiday (including bank holidays)
- Free Training
- Weekly pay
- Choose your shifts using Vetro's very own shift booking app
- £50 Love2Shop referral scheme
- Employee of the month scheme
- CV writing support and career advice
- Quick registration (including online Enhanced DBS check)
- 24/7 support from our dedicated team of recruitment consultants
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Role: Support Worker - Homelessness and Substance Abuse
Job Type: Temporary
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Apply for this job now.