The Business Operations Associate will be a highly qualified, team-oriented individual who has demonstrated a drive for results, works well in high pressure situations, and buys into the firm objectives and goals. We are looking for a high performer who is adaptable and a strategic thinker. The Business Operations Associate will regularly interact with the Managing Partner, Associate Attorneys, and support staff as well as external clients and vendors.
This position will report to the Director of Business Operations.
• Assist with the implementation and operation of case lists, case statistics, task tracking and project management.
• Assist with the implementation and client specific budgeting, reporting, and billing guidelines.
• Provide internal and external analysis, including management of attorney report cards, vendor relations, invoice tracking, and creation of budget reports/dashboards
• Other general support functions, including opening and managing files and general administrative support.
• Submit firm invoicing through various client electronic billing portals (Familiarity with Bottomline Legal-X is preferred)
• Process accounts receivable payments, write-offs, and discounts.
• Contribute to a collaborative, effective, communicative, value-driven team
• Self-starter with a strong sense of initiative to anticipate the ebb and flow of the firm’s progress holistically
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration
• Focus in Finance, Accounting, or Information Systems
• 1+ years of in-house or law firm legal experience
• Excellent judgment, attention to detail and ability to work independently are a must
• Organizational and project management skills
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high activity environment, and able juggle many matters at once and quickly shift from one situation or task to another
• Ability to effectively collaborate cross-functionally across teams with a team attitude
• Strong communication and presentation skills to prepare reports, briefing materials, analysis and recommendations.
Callahan & Fusco is a growing regional law firm. Its main practice areas include trucking and transportation, general insurance defense litigation, product liability, construction/ construction defect, and premises liability. The firm prides itself on providing large firm capabilities with small firm flexibility, while maintaining long term relationships with its clients.
Role: Business Operations Associate
Location: Fort Lauderdale,
Apply for this job now.