beverage managers hire staff, purchase by need, and make sure everyone is trained on proper beverage preparation, proper and legal alcoholic beverage service safety techniques and understand health standards.
Sommelier responsibilities include:
- Creating and updating the wine list in coordination with chefs and the Food and Beverage Manager
- Recommending food and wine pairings
- Advising guests on wines based on their personal tastes and food choices
We are looking for a Sommelier to act as our wine expert and create wine lists that pair with our food menus.
Sommelier responsibilities include recommending wine varieties to our guests, supervising wine serving and collaborating with winemakers to renew our selections and achieve better prices. To be qualified for this role, you should have relevant experience in hospitality or a vineyard and be available to work during business hours.
Ultimately, you will delight our guests by helping them choose the best wine to complement their fare.
- Create and update the wine list in coordination with chefs and the Food and Beverage Manager
- Recommend food and wine pairings
- Advise guests on wines based on their personal tastes and food choices
- Inform guests about different varieties of wines and prices
- Ensure wines are served at the right temperature and within the proper glassware
- Store open bottles properly to maintain strong taste
- Manage wine cellar and ensure it’s fully-stocked
- Train wait staff on available wines
- Negotiate purchase prices with vendors
- Organize wine tasting days or “wine of the month” events
- Ask guests for ID to verify legal drinking age
- Comply with all health and safety regulations
- Experience as a Sommelier, Wine Steward/Stewardess or similar role
- Ability to create tasteful food and wine pairings
- Extensive knowledge of different wines and which regions produce each type
- Knowledge of local vineyards and wineries
- Understanding of the winemaking process
- Good communication skills
- Availability to work during opening hours, including weekends and holidays
- Flexibility to travel occasionally to meet with wine producers and visit wine-tasting events
- Certification as a Sommelier or degree in hospitality is a must
High end family run steakhouse with lots of fresh seafood and wine!
Role: Beverage Manager and Sommelier
Apply for this job now.