LifeMoves is currently seeking experienced, motivated and team orientated Master of Social Work Clinical Case Managers. The successful candidates will provide a full range of case management services, with the goal of developing self-sufficiency and identifying and securing permanent housing, as well as provide field instruction for students in LifeMoves’ MSW internship program.
We have two positions available. One will cover our site in the South Bay, and the other will focus on the North Bay sites.
- Complete case management assessment on all clients entering caseload, develops, implements and revises individual case plans and consistently monitors progress toward goals
- Provide on-going support and/or case management functions in accordance with the problems, needs, and strategies identified within the case plan in order to help the clients achieve the stated goals and objectives. This includes communicating regularly with probation officers, social workers, and family members, regarding client’s treatment progress, etc., when appropriate.
- Works with supervisory assistance to evaluate possible courses decisions regarding client status and makes decisions where there is no opportunity to seek supervisory assistance.
- Participates actively as a team member in supporting clients and the facility as needed
- Consults and cooperates with community systems to facilitate linkage, referral, crisis management, advocacy, and follow up with the focus on attaining treatment goals
- Provides crisis management for clients; makes linkages for interventions as appropriate
- Leads at least one clinical or life skills group in addition to the morning group
- Maintains client and program records in accordance with applicable standards and regulations, grant requirements, etc.
- Maintains a high level of ethical conduct regarding confidentiality, dual-relationships, and professional stature
- Participates in continuing education activities, remaining knowledgeable in area(s) of expertise
- Attends weekly case consultation meetings and monthly trainings; meet regularly with supervisor to exchange pertinent information and receive supervision
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Serve as a field instructor for up to 5 MSW student interns. This may including supervising students at Clinical Case Manager’s own site in day-to-day task management, and/or students at other sites who have an additional task manager onsite.
- Create learning agreements and complete evaluations in collaboration with each student and their university.
- Provide weekly individual supervision to offer clinical consultation, oversight and training.
- Provide ongoing, regular training and feedback to interns around case management responsibilities.
- Consult and meet with university field liaisons around intern progress once per semester or as needed.
- Consult with and follow directives of site Program Director and MSW Program Manager as appropriate.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) and two years post-MSW experience working in the field of social work required
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with homeless individuals and other marginalized populations in crisis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to collaborate with other agencies
- Experience working with clients with mental health and dual diagnoses
- Understanding of the issues faced by disenfranchised populations
- Bi-lingual capabilities are helpful
We have a comprehensive benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, etc.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and brief cover letter. We do not accept phone calls.
LifeMoves is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
LifeMoves is one of the largest and most effective providers of shelter and supportive services across Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Peninsula. As a results-driven organization, since 1987, our mission has been to provide interim housing and supportive services that create opportunities for homeless families and individuals to rapidly return to stable housing and long-term self-sufficiency. Our successful therapeutic service model combines clean, modern housing with intensive supportive services that promote dignity and motivate our clients to achieve autonomy. LifeMoves operates over 15 major sites from San Jose to Daly City.
Role: Clinical Case Manager, MSW Field Supervisor (San Mateo County)
Location: San Mateo,
Apply for this job now.