IAI is looking for a talented Data Science Research Engineer to contribute to research and development effortsin machine learning, graph theory, and scientific software development. The candidate will incorporate novel ideas and improve the state of the art on advanced projects related to the processing of large networks, analyzing data in high dimensions, and implementing high-performance computing software. Additionally, the candidate will develop a portfolio of related research by extending existing work and proposing new methods with novel application domains.
You are highly encouraged to apply if you enjoy working with data and algorithms, passionate about understanding how things work, want to solve complex problems and strive to stay current on the technology and literature in areas of high-performance computing, network analysis, and machine learning.
· Design and develop scalable machine learning and network analytic algorithms
· Evaluate the performance of a variety of machine learning and network analytic algorithms
· Debug and solve problems in complex environments
· Explore the use of novel methods for compression, dimensionality reduction, and summarization
· Communicate findings effectively in the form of briefings and technical reports
· Formulate research ideas/hypotheses to solve new problems
· Algorithm development experience in Python, C/C++ and/or Java
· Exposure to building systems (e.g., cmake, gradle, mvn) and experience working with complex software dependencies
· Familiar with high performance and big data computing technology (e.g., MPI, OpenMP, OpenACC, CUDA, opencl, mapreduce, hadoop, spark, BSP)
· Capable of writing high-level interfaces for interpreted languages (e.g., SWIG, pyrex, mex, Rcpp)
· Development of machine learning and/or graph-based algorithms (e.g., scikitlearn, networkx, mlpack, weka)
· Exposure to graph traversal languages and graph databases (e.g., Apache Tinkerpop, neo4j, JanusGraph)
· Exposure to text mining/analysis tools (e.g., GATE, JET, MALLET, StanfordNLP, nltk, Lucene, Solr, ElasticSearch)
· Familiar with word embedding methods (e.g., word2vec, GloVe, doc2vec)
· Comfortable working on linux systems
A Master's degree (or higher) in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics or related field is required
Intelligent Automation, Inc. (IAI) is a technology innovation company headquartered in Rockville, MD. We specialize in providing advanced technology solutions and R&D services to federal agencies, and corporations throughout the United States and internationally. Leveraging agile R&D processes, a multi-disciplinary collaborative environment, and its substantial intellectual property portfolio, IAI excels in developing concepts into market-focused products and customer driven solutions. IAI's core R&D areas include: Air Traffic Management, Big Data & Social Media Analytics, Control & Signal Processing, Cyber Security, Education & Training Technologies, Health Technologies, Modeling & Simulation, Networks & Communications, Robotics, and Sensor Systems. IAI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet. For more information on IAI, please visit see #removed#-a-i.com/careers.