Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Job Title: Production Supervisor Job Requirements:
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Supervise and coordinate all activities of employees assigned to the department.
• Meet or exceed productivity and quality standards using all resources and support available.
• Ensure all department personnel adhere to all safety rules and report on unsafe conditions as soon as reasonably possible
• Direct the department in a manner that promotes high morale, teamwork, pride, productivity and quality.
• Ensure that job performance problems and conflicts are resolved fairly in accordance with the Employee Handbook with assistance of Human Resource Department.
• Enforce the use of all tools/processes related to the production team boards.
• Assure employee training is completed and tracked properly.
• Complete employee assessments as required.
• May be required / requested to support / assist launch activities as necessary.
• Coordinate required equipment repair with Maintenance and/or Tooling Departments.
• Communicate with team leads and members of the department, by continually updating them on all information affecting the efficient and safe operations within the department.
• Liaise with all supporting departments to resolve problems.
• Accurately and promptly complete all paperwork associated with the position (corrective actions, scrap reports, production reports, downtime, employee evaluations, etc.).
• Coordinate production part rework, repair or tear down as needed.
• Document all activities as required.
• Adhere to all company guidelines for Emergency Evacuation to ensure employee safety.
• Any additional responsibility deemed necessary by management.
Limits of Authority
• Advise Operations Manager of those situations that may pose a significant risk to the program, product assurance, facilities, employee safety or customer satisfaction results.
• Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance relating to product, process & systems.
• Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process or system.
• Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through the appropriate channels and verify implementation.
• Control further processing and delivery of nonconforming product until the deficiency is corrected.
Basic Education, Experience and Skills Required
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum 2 years related experience in automotive / manufacturing environment.
• Excellent written, mathematical and analytical skills.
• Proficient in basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
• Possess good technical understanding of processes and machinery.
• Demonstrate organizational, leadership and communication skills.
• Up to 5% travel required
• Valid driver’s license required
- Clean up production line waste during production and when production is
- Completing daily shift production reports
- Maintain shift production staffing levels
- Maintain quality and production for shift
- Obtain production parameters for upcoming production
- Fulfilling the customer demands of areas of operation while making ongoing improvements to processes to advance food safety
- Supervising the plant production and maintenance on a production shift
- Ensure safety, quality, productivity and housekeeping in assigned areas
- Supervising all areas and facets of plant production during shift operations
- Ensuring the production floor meets production targets
- Monitoring the production work flow and adjusting production to meet production schedule targets
- Supervise daily activities of production employees
- Supervise all plant production duties to relieve other production supervisor during vacation
- Direct second shift manufacturing operations to meet daily production goals
- Oversee the daily production operation and ensure production goals are met
- Maintain production and quality standards
- Meet production control schedules and maintains continuous flow of production
- Improve production quality of products
- Achieve minimum production standards in each production unit
- Assign daily tasks/assignments to production operators to meet production schedule