Dafni Greek Gourmet is hiring brand ambassadors in the Orlando area! These are independent sales jobs working special events selling our farm-to-table Greek Gourmet Products: single estate extra virgin olive oil, fresh olives, drizzling oils, and wild herbs and teas. You will set up the booth and provide samples while maintaining product integrity by observing local food vendor sanitation laws.
We hire trustworthy, enthusiastic and engaging people who enjoy attending art shows, home shows, flower shows and many other special events. You must be comfortable working occasional long hours answering questions about specialty foods while selling our products. This a great job for someone who loves food, working independently, traveling, meeting new people, and networking.
Shows occur on weekends, but are not every weekend. Some shows begin on Fridays and end on Mondays (holiday weekends). Time flexibility is important for this job!
If you need a weekend off, you are required to provide an advance notice so we can find a replacement representative. Shows are typically scheduled at least a month to several months in advance. We pay for our space, which means you must be reliable. Communication with our Maine warehouse is crucial to making this position successful.
Please note that, once you are trained, we will provide you with product, 4 tables, a pop-up tent and miscellaneous supplies.
- Interest and/or experience with specialty/gourmet foods.
- Own a reliable vehicle to transport supplies and products to and from events, at least a full size car or larger.
- Be willing to travel and stay in hotels or airbnb paid by the company for events that are 1.5 hours or more away from your home.
- Own a smartphone to run credit cards, photograph your booth, photograph all paperwork and email to the home office no later than Mondays at noon.
- Have a safe place to store products and supplies in between shows. This space must be kept at a moderate temperature (59 - 75 degrees) for the food products.
- Willingness restock at the nearest freight terminal on an as needed basis. Your time is paid.
- Able to work a minimum of 2 shows per month.
- Physically be able to lift heavy boxes, set-up and break-down a show booth on your own.
- This is physical work. You must be able to lift 40 lbs to waist level.
- Be motivated, hard-working, reliable, problem solver!
This is a fun position for the right person, but it's also a lot of work. This is a great chance to make good money in a short time period. Most of our sales reps make anywhere from $20 - $40 an hour with the pay structure.
$11/hr, 10% commission on sales
Median pay is $24/hour
We pay for event hours worked, set-up/breakdown time, loading/unloading, and post/prep work. Travel time over two hours will also be paid. We will obtain a hotel or airbnb when you drive 1.5 hours or more from your home. Your event expenses and gas/tolls will be reimbursed. We do not pay for mileage. A delicious perk is that you can use the product samples in your home cooking!
You will receive two checks. Your hours will have taxes taken out via W-2. Your commission will not. You will need to keep track of your commission, personal food costs, and driving miles for your tax form 1099.
Please visit our website to see if this is a company you could enthusiastically represent: #removed#
* We will call/email you to schedule or conduct a screening interview.
* If we decide to move forward, we will extend an email invitation to conduct a video interview.
* Please be ready to provide three professional references. We will call these references after conducting the final interview.
* Once we check your references, we will call and/or email to schedule a paid training.
We are a small family business based in beautiful Biddeford, Maine. We hand-craft high quality single estate unfiltered extra virgin olive oil, drizzling oils, olives, herbs, and medicinal teas from products grown on our land in Greece.
In 1998, Daphne Contraros Rioux, founder of Lakonía Greek Products acquired a parcel of land covered with olive trees located on the outskirts of a small fishing village called Gythio. Her first harvests produced a small amount of extra virgin olive oil and Kalamata olives that she shared with family and friends. Over time, demand grew and soon Daphne acquired additional land and planted many more olive trees.
In 2006, Daphne began selling her products at the local farmers’ market in Saco, Maine. In 2007, her daughter Melissa graduated from college, and was given the opportunity to start the business. Since then, she has dedicated herself to growing the family business. We proudly offer our selection of Lakonia’s finest from our family to yours.
Role: Brand Ambassador - Outside Sales
Apply for this job now.