Owen Reed are recruiting for a Legal Cashier to join a London Law firm working within their Finance and Accounts Department. This is a permanent role.
Must have Elite or Elite 3E experience.
This is a full time, permanent role. Salary is up to £35,000 and working hours are 9:30am to 5:30pm.
The Finance department is responsible for ensuring proper systems are in place for time recording, billing, client accounting, purchase ledger, payroll and cash management so that accurate and reliable information can be produced. The purpose of this role is to join the Cashiers team to provide an efficient and effective Cashiering service to fee earners, to ensure the Firm complies with the Solicitors' Accounts Rules (SAR) and to support the Finance Department.
What you'll be doing
• Full participation in the day to day activities of the Cashiers team
• Prepare bank reconciliations and controlling any reconciling differences arising from those reconciliations
• Helping to ensure fee earners and other support staff comply with the firm's internal cashiering regulations and SAR
• Perform month and year end procedures and reconciliations
• Processing AP vouchers and counsel fee notes
• Dealing with internal and external queries
• Various ad hoc cashiering queries as allocated by Cashier Supervisor.
• Liaising with auditors and banks
• Covering for other Cashiers during holidays and sickness
• Supporting the regional offices as and when required
• Supporting other Finance team members in times of need
What you'll need
• Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
• Good communication skills both oral and written
• A strong team player
• A positive and proactive attitude
• An ability to operate autonomously and/or with minimum supervision
• Drive and enthusiasm
• Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
• Common sense
• Polite and professional manners
Experience and qualifications:
• Cashiering experience (essential)
• Previous law firm experience (essential)
• Good knowledge of the Solicitors' Accounts
Rules (SAR) (essential)
• Knowledge of 3E (preferential)