We are currently looking for a Public Health Consultant to work with one of our clients based in Retford. You will be working for the council.
Monday - Friday
Shift Times may vary
Day rates between £300 - £600 per day (Depending on experience)
- On behalf of the local authority, the post holder working with the DPH and other consultant colleagues will lead on improving the health and wellbeing of the residents of Nottinghamshire County which is underpinned by the statutory duty placed on local government to take such steps as it considers appropriate to improve health of its residents. The post holder will take responsibility for a strategic objective of the local authority and the Health & Wellbeing Board and act as a change agent to enable delivery of relevant outcome indicators from the public health, NHS and social care outcome frameworks. The post holder will be expected to work across organisations, be able to influence budgets held by those organisations as well as advocate for change effectively. They may hold direct managerial responsibility for services and budgets which directly contribute to these objectives but they will usually also have substantially greater strategic responsibilities across the council and other agencies
- On behalf of the authority, take responsibility for whole system leadership across the health and wellbeing community for a range of public health issues (covering client groups / topics / wider determinants / CCG facing / community development) to deliver improvements in health and wellbeing in order that they are developed, prioritised and implemented in light of local and national circumstances. This will include working across all council directorates. Key Accountabilities 1. Public health issues are appropriately prioritised, and strategies are based on an analysis of need grounded in robust evidence. Public health and service outcomes are achieved within budget and in ways which deliver maximum value for money for residents. Tier 3 Public Health Consultant
- Using specialist PH knowledge, be responsible for producing health needs assessments based on an analysis of the epidemiology and critical appraisal of the evidence as required, to enable actions to be taken to improve the health of the local population.
- Clarify and explain (to a range of audiences) the evidence for effective interventions and relevant key performance indicators, developing actions plans for commissioning/delivery of cost effective interventions in order to improve health and wellbeing.
- Act as a change agent and influence key stakeholders and partners at senior level across both within, and external to, local authorities for the development of, implementation and delivery of policies across the whole system, and so that there is a consensual approaches to improving health and wellbeing.
- Apply strategic commissioning skills to deliver maximum value for money, for both the council and Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs), assessing and developing the capacity of the market and using best practice procurement approaches to realise its potential
- Work effectively with all CCGs to ensure they are fully supported with PH specialist expertise, and commissioning expertise, so that the memorandum of Understanding between the council and the CCGs is fully implemented, including any integrated commissioning arrangements managed by the council on behalf of the CCGs.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and HealthCare Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training