Company: NATIONAL SHELL CONTRACTORS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
With over 30 years' experience in the industry, National Shell Contractors focuses solely on delivering the highest quality service and product to its clients. Projects large or small, residential or commercial, we strive to deliver only the best while doing so safely, on time, and within budget. We are a licensed shell contractor that you can trust to deliver excellence and satisfaction every time. National Shell Contractors is a Florida premier shell contracting company and is a recognized leader in sustainable building practices
We are hiring a full-service shell contractor located in Deerfield Beach. We are looking for individuals to perform estimating for our estimating department. Generate takeoffs and detailed Excel spreadsheets as well as use of on-screen take-off software.
- Shell experience a must - Concrete, block, trusses, carpentry
- Ensuring compliance with all standard company processes and utilization of technology
- Responsible for accurate cost coding and quantity reporting for self-perform Work
- Preparing and Submitting accurate monthly Project Status Reports. Identify and manages risk and opportunities proactively and develops mitigation and capture strategies
- Using strong visualization skills and understanding of what the finished product depicted in the drawings will look like when built, and how to build it
- Presenting completed estimates to senior management and clients
- Identifying deficiencies in the drawings and other source information and be able to provide pricing for such deficiencies.
- Understanding the need for and be able to write scope clarifications.
- Conceptualizing and detailing levels of estimating Value Engineering leadership and tracking
- Obtaining subcontract and vendor pricing and be able to develop budget pricing for subcontractors.
- Developing preliminary schedules and identify critical phases and resources.
- Accurately depicting takeoff elements of the work.
- Developing appropriate Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) to facilitate understanding of the estimate by others and to allow trending.
- Preparing bridging documents demonstrating an understanding of how estimate costs have changed from previous estimates.
- Obtaining bids from outside vendors and subcontractors and negotiating prices
- 5+ years experience in shell construction estimating
- Overall understanding of how to build & do takeoffs
- Track record of extensive analysis in current material packages (concrete, CMU, lumber, rebar)
- Working knowledge of Viewpoint Pro-Contractor and/or Plan swift estimating software experience
- Strong technical skills with a thorough knowledge of estimating principals.
- Proven understanding of engineering, procurement, and construction terminology, concepts, and relationships.
- Familiarity with the estimate classifications and the quality of information needed to attain the expected accuracy
- Reliable transportation and valid driver's license
- Solid computer skills including operating knowledge of Microsoft Office and MS Project
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong aptitude for mathematical
- Ability to work in a team centered environment and bring solutions