Contracts Manager (House Building and Contracting)
Working across North West England and North Wales.
Due to continued expansion, Pure Residential and Commercial are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Contracts Manager with house building and contracting experience, to work as part of the team across the North West of England and North Wales. Joining our reputable and ambitious business, you'll utilise your expertise to progress and grow with the company.
Established over 25 years ago, Pure Residential and Commercial is a privately-owned construction company, and is a leading provider of new homes, extra care facilities, offices and light industrial units in North Wales and the North West of England. Our business is rapidly growing with plans for further growth in 2020 and beyond.
The company is looking for an exceptional professional that has the willingness and drive to take the business forward from an operational perspective. The Group acts in the capacity of Developer and Contractor across a range of sectors, ranging from luxury housing through to light industrial units.
As the Contracts Manager you'll receive a very competitive salary with the level dependent on experience, plus a wide range of benefits including a car allowance or company car, life insurance, and personal health insurance.
What will the role of Contracts Manager (Construction) entail?
Reporting to the Managing Director, as the Contracts Manager you'll be responsible for all activities and the workforce on site, including directing Project Managers and Site Managers. Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Agreeing site setups and requisition of materials and labour, ensuring efficient running of sites
- Managing trades performance
- Taking responsibility for monitoring both Quality and H&S on site
- Ensuring all contractual notifications and correspondence are always up to date
- Attending and participating at a wide variety of meetings, including leading pre-start meetings
- Working closely with the Commercial Team to ensure that the procurement schedule is developed
- Holding regular supply chain meetings to review performance and workload
- Preparing monthly Management Reports and attending management meetings
- Building strong relationships with the supply chain, introducing new trades
- Building, developing and monitoring programmes using 'Asta' software or Microsoft Project and achieving targets
- Preparing programmes in 'Asta' or Microsoft Project for submission within tender
What will I need to be considered for this Contracts Manager (Construction) vacancy?
- Proven experience as a Contracts Manager within the construction industry, specifically house building and contracting
- Excellent communication, people management and relationship building skills
- Exceptional technical knowledge of sequencing projects and ensuring economical builds
- Superb organisation skills with the ability to prioritise tasks in order to meet deadlines
- IT literate with strong administration skills
- Must be fully conversant with programme preparation, preferably using Asta or Microsoft Project software
- Full UK driving licence
- Eligibility to work in the UK (no option for sponsored employment visa at present)
You will be employed on a permanent contract with full time hours working Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm. Your office base will be in St Asaph, North Wales, however there will be significant travel to sites across North Wales and North West England.
All applications for this Contracts Manager (Construction) vacancy are to