About the job:
- Design and implement new features and enhancements to our Platform that require hard real-time constraints and elegant, yet powerful software solutions
- Work closely with other engineers and our Product teams, to not only make these systems go faster and handle more and more data, but also to build revolutionary new features for our clients.
- Prioritize bug fixes to ensure critical up-time
- Work collaboratively with other engineering teams to ensure real-time technology integrates seamlessly with other pieces of the platform
Consider some of the problems you will try to solve:
- Large-scale distributed systems: Our real-time budget problem requires pushing updates on millions of objects to thousands of machines using our custom caching solution all while observing strict SLA requirements.
- Interesting algorithmic problems: Use the latest research and techniques to make full use of the underlying hardware and instruction sets, utilizing things like lock-free data structures and intelligent thread design to optimize revenue, memory footprint, and overall algorithmic efficiency
- Programming, probability and statistics: We predict and track the performance of thousands of advertising campaigns that bid on a cost per impression, cost per click, and cost per acquisition basis. Now try to do this at 5 million times in 100ms or less.
About your skills:
- BA/BS degree and 6+ years of experience OR MS degree and 3+ years of experience in software engineering (Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
- Experience using either C, C++, or Java, with excellent and creative problem-solving abilities
- Experience building high performance, multi-threaded, distributed systems and applications, preferably in a Linux environment
- Experience practicing advanced optimization techniques
- Experience with real-time data processing engines, ultra-low-level, and low latency systems is preferred
- Excellent Computer Science fundamentals with regards to data structures, algorithms, time complexity, etc.
Relocation provided. H1-B Sponsorship/Transfer available.
Role: Senior Software Developer, Real Time Platform
Apply for this job now.