Engineering Support Technician:
Strato is the manufacturer of products for railroad and transit industry and is seeking a versatile and innovative Mechanical Test Technician to design, manage and coordinate our internal testing facility. Strato is growing as the result of new products and holds a strong position within the industry. All our new products required substantially higher levels of testing in order to meet new regulations and performance standards.
The Mechanical Test Technician must have formal technical training and a minimum of 3 years related professional experience. Responsibilities include using basic mechanical and electrical knowledge to setup and conduct tests on assemblies. There will be opportunities to build test fixtures and control stands, using conventional shop tools. Often there will be a need to operate environmental test equipment (e.g. Thermal Chambers, Vibration Tables, etc.)
Qualities of a strong candidate include:
Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Machine building and testing
- Build and assemble test fixtures as required
- Knowledge of data acquisition systems
- Familiar with engineering drawings, and technical documentation
- Ability to multi task in fast paced testing environment
- Use of industrial hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Maintain testing equipment and apparatus in good working shape
- Occasional work in a standing position for up to 8 hours
- Frequently stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, reaching, and twisting
- Ability to lift and move 20 lbs. occasionally, 20-50 lbs. rarely
- Able to climb, push, pull or move tools and equipment.
- Exposed to grinding, welding, burrs and sharp edges
- Occasionally operate machine shop for turning, milling, grinding, impact drills, etc.
Willing to wear protective and safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, or hard hats when required.
Strato, Inc. is a leading manufacturer, engineering quality products while providing exceptional customer service to the rail industry. Our products meet Association of American Railroads (AAR) requirements. We are certified and operating to the AAR M-1003 Standard, and our Quality Management System is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
Role: Engineering Support Technician
Apply for this job now.