The Care Coordinator works closely with the Director of Home Care and the Wesley campus Wellness Nurse to provide direct supervision of home care services for an assigned campus and/or territory. The Care Coordinator's primary role is to ensure that residents contracted to receive services by Home Care by Wesley have the appropriate level of care and care plan, and the home care aides deliver safe and appropriate care according to In-Home Services Home Care WAC 246-335. As supervisor of home care aides, the care coordinator is responsible for hiring, orientation, training, and supervision of the home care aides assigned. The Care Coordinator performs initial and on-going assessments of residents in Wesley's Catered Living program, and adjusts the care plan as health status changes. The Care Coordinator accesses the electronic health record and extracts data from systems for reporting, compliance and dashboard indicators. The Care Coordinator is knowledgeable of services provided by Wesley Health & Home Care, and responds appropriately to inquiries for care. The Care Coordinator functions as a member of the campus resident team, working collaboratively with the Wellness Nurse, campus administrator, social worker, and other resident services to ensure safety and quality of resident experience.
Supervision of Client Services (service delivery)
- Responds to inquiries for Home Care services, screens for appropriate level of care and redirects to other Wesley services, as appropriate.
- Completes admission process, including explanation of services and obtaining signed consent and financial agreement.
- Completes client assessment and develops the care plan.
- Educates client/family of COVID protocols, precautions, and PPE usage.
- Facilitates smooth initiation of services, including scheduling, orientation of caregivers, and client response to home care services.
- Completes data entry into the EMR. Maintains complete and timely client records.
- Completes on-going evaluation of home care services and client reassessments every 6 months, or as indicated according to client health status and requests. Revises the care plan as required.
- Maintains compliance with WAC 246-335 defined for licensed Home Care.
- Participates in resident review as assigned. Coordinates care with campus resident services.
Supervision of Home Care Aides
- Responsible for hiring, orientation, training, and on-going evaluation of home care aides.
- Responsible for direct supervision of home care aides, completes on-site training and coaching, routine and annual performance evaluations according to Wesley policies.
- Completes hand-on training on COVID protocols, infection control, PPE use, and on-going supervision that protocols are followed.
- Maintains documentation as required.
- Completes scheduling activities as assigned.
- Responds to after-hours calls and inquiries related to Home Care services, as assigned.
- Completes quality assurance activities as directed. Receives and reviews incident reports and takes appropriate action, according to policies. Reports to Director as required.
Health & Home Care division support
- Participates in marketing activities, especially as relates to meeting new campus fill targets and growth of Catered Living program.
- Provides coverage on Wesley campuses as assigned, such as for scheduled or unplanned absences of the primary Care Coordinator, or special events.
- Provides after hours on-call coverage as assigned, on a temporary basis, in the absence of the On-call Coordinator.
- COVID-19: Actively supports compliance with Wesley infection control policies, Wesley Health & Home Care COVID-19 policies and procedures, and campus- specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education Background
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Social Services or related field preferred
- Licensure, Registration, Certification
- Current CPR
- WA state DL
- Completion of required COVID-19 infection control and prevention training
- Special Training/Skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in providing direct supervision of caregiver staff.
- Demonstrated ability to complete home care client assessments/reassessments and care plan development.
- Competence in use of technology, data entry into EMR, computer skills (email, MS Word, Excel, other)
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively 1:1 and in group settings.
- Professional, organized, detail-oriented and resident/customer service oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm in the midst of family dynamics
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential information and maintain confidences.
- Ability to support the organization's mission, vision and values.
- Work Experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Home Care or similar supervisory or management role.
- Experience in back-office operations to include scheduling and customer service.
- 2 years Healthcare and/or hospitality experience preferred. Home Health or Home care experience desired.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience interacting with older adults and their family members.
- Ability to stand/walk 3 hours per day.
- Ability to sit for periods of time for record review, phone consulting, and computer data entry.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 25lbs.