ePac Flexible Packaging is a rapidly growing company with locations across the United States, Canada, Europe, and Indonesia. Built on break-through digital printing, ePac is at the crossroads of advanced technology and manufacturing. ePac's mission is to provide locally-based consumer packaged goods companies the ability to compete with large brands with great packaging. Our customers are predominantly locally-based small and medium-sized CPGs, many of whom are focused on creating natural and innovative products for their consumers. Since opening our first manufacturing facility in 2016, our mission has been clear - to help small brands obtain big brand presence, give back to the communities we serve and contribute to the creation of a more sustainable, circular economy.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Quality Control Coordinator is responsible for performing daily product inspection for converting finished products. This position is responsible for periodic review of department internal control procedures. Periodically review business processes in order to identify and recommend process improvements that increase efficiency and/or accuracy. Prepare and maintain accurate audit working papers and files to support audit findings. Take a lead role in working with management to ensure compliance and regulations are being followed, including AIB and SQF-2.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform audits of claims processed or initial set-up to assess compliance with company procedures and contract language.
- Review existing business processes to identify inefficiencies in processing and potential weaknesses that may cause inaccurate processing. Coordinate finding with the training coordinator for documentation.
- Assume lead role in assuring compliance and financial regulations are being followed, including Best Claims Practices.
- Observe internal control procedures and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Manage projects, including departmental and division initiatives.
- Remain current on technological and business process trends in the industry.
- Assist QA manager or Converting Supervisor to investigate customer complaint.
- Notify any problem or alert regarding to converting process to converting supervisor or QA manager. Quarantine nonconforming products and advise supervisor or QA manager for disposition.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Could be asked to support other parts of the operations including pouch assistant, slitting, and lamination
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ethical Conduct.
- Financial Management.
- Decision Making.
- Organizational Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in identifying existing process improvement.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is located in the press room, and will be around moving mechanical parts and vibration
- ePac believes in a collaborative and cross trained workforce and encourage all employees to learn all facets of production. This role will have the ability to learn and train on operational functions throughout the plants.
We offer an excellent benefit and compensation package that consists of the following:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription drug program.
- Paid vacation day and holidays
- Short term disability, long term disability and company paid life insurance plans
ePac is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO Poster
Powered by JazzHR