Bromcom provide integrated Cloud based solutions for Schools, including MIS, Finance, Consolidated Reporting and Analytics. With over 30 years in the education sector and over 1,000,000 users in the UK, we are actively seeking a SQL&API developer to work within our Database and Migrations Teams and report to the DBA and Teams Manager.
- Responsible for design, development and management of high quality, efficient and effective solutions in Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL and related tools to support various large-scale data migration projects.
- Provide database performance-tuning expertise for internal and third-party systems in SQL Server.
- Provide technical knowhow on projects and work with third parties to understand how their software works to support data migration.
- Responsibilities will include designing, developing, and maintaining appropriately scaled, effective solutions to support data cleansing, migration and reconciliation activity in Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL and related tools.
- Defining technical requirements, working with non-technical members of the Data Migration Team.
- The role requires you to manage MS SQL Server database environments that support data migration and backups and recoveries in test environments.
- Demonstrating a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritisation. Working within project timelines and requirements. Being able to organise own time, schedule tasks for completion and deliver work to that schedule.
- Lead the development effort of web services, design and develop SOAP based web services, develop XML schema designs
- Clear understanding of web services and SOA related standards like REST/OData/GraphQL/JSON and SOAP/WSDL
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have substantial experience of SQL programming and good knowledge of the techniques and the functionality and capabilities of MS SQL Server 2014 and above.
- You should have good experience of large-scale data migration projects with multiple data sources.
- A strong background in data modelling, data management and data manipulation, code management and version control (GIT) is also important, as is having good attention to detail.
- Have a good knowledge on C# and ASP.net programming
- Have a good knowledge with REST APIs
Your job will involve
- Writing complex script for data manipulation and management report generation
- Data conversion/migration
- Database object creations (Functions, Stored Procedures, Tables, etc)
- Performance tuning of new and existing code
- Analyse SQL code for potential flaws
- Optimization and maintenance of existing products
- Problem solving for actual customer data
- Maintain existing REST and ASMX Web APIs
- 3+ years of SQL Developer experience and administrating/supporting MS SQL Server Database infrastructures in large-scale environment
- Experience with programming (ASP.NET, XML, HTML, C#)
- Good understanding of OS and Infrastructure / Network layer
- Excellent teamwork, communication and documentation skills
Bromcom is an Equal Opportunities Employer