Duties and Responsibilities:
· Collects all data for boundaries, location, topographical and design surveys.
· Operates total station, level, RTK GPS Receiver and data collectors in performance of field surveys.
· Calculates and turns deflection angles on curves and figures distance to points along curve.
· Establishes and sets points on construction stakeout projects (curb and gutter, drop inlets, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, waterline, bridges, etc.).
· Makes sketches and records measurements to indicate exact location of horizontal and vertical control points.
· Trains lower level techs in the use of survey equipment, survey methods and safety standards.
· Ensures accuracy and production of survey crew
· Assists with duties of survey technicians as needed
· Communicates with other techs as well as owners and contractors
· Ensures that survey equipment is correctly operated
· Assists in the maintenance of survey equipment, supplies and vehicle.
· Use various locating equipment to locate underground utilities.
· Candidate must be able to work in a team environment and be willing to work independently on occasion.
· Candidate will work in a drug free environment and will have to submit to an initial screening.
JC Waller & Associates, PC is a Historically Under Utilized Business (HUB) certified, minority-owned civil and surveying engineering firm located in Greensboro, North Carolina providing civil design and surveying services throughout the State of North Carolina. We are committed to providing dependable, honest and quality values in every aspect of services rendered to our clients. Project types: K-12, Higher Education, Commercial, Institutional
Municipal, Residential, Infrastructure, Mixed-Use.
Role: Survey Crew Chief
Apply for this job now.