Generator Sales Specialist
DIVISION & DEPARTMENT: Gault Energy & Home Solutions, Sales Department
LOCATION: Westport Office
SUPERVISOR/MANAGER: Andy Dehler, Sales Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for sales of automatic stand-by generators powered by natural gas or propane. Propane installations may include storage tank(s) selection, location and all aspects of gas line installation necessary for safe running of equipment. Working directly with builders and homeowners to understand their stand-by generator needs and creating solutions to satisfy our customers wishes.
- The generator specialist will attend in-home type appointments and prepare an accurate, safe, generator proposal that includes a detailed survey, photography's and any permitting requirements
- Must possess a deep understanding of electrical and mechanical requirements including current codes and code requirements
- Participate and if necessary, take a leadership role with the installation crew, sub- contractors and division team members
- The generator specialist will understand and leverage the sales process
- Accurately access the prospects needs and requirements and present the proposal within a timely manner
- Work with prospects to explain in detail the process and set accurate expectations
- Follow up with the customer once the work is complete to assess customer satisfaction
- Utilize company technology and software for lead tracking and constructing of proposals
- Serve customers by answering inquiries and responding to special requests
- Maintain customer satisfaction by responding to concerns and when necessary communicating corrective action to team members and customers
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication skills including written, oral and presentation
- Good interpersonal skills, professional and reliable
- Able to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines and exercise good judgment and problem solving
- Flexibility to work weekends and after-hours networking events
- Maintain customer satisfaction by being responsive and working well with all departments
- Exercise good judgement and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Excel & Word
- Must maintain a clean and valid driver's license and be willing to travel by car to prospect's location
- Exemplify company core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Caring, Ownership
- Have a passion for 'Enhancing the Customer Experience'
- Excellent customer service skills
- A desire to learn new technologies and systems and a willingness to participate in continuing education
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 3 years of outside sales experience in the industry
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: 90% field work and 10% office work. Working inside climbing up and down stairs to basements, attics, crawl spaces and other tight and confined spaces. Working outside in all weather conditions. Climbing and working from ladders. Driving a vehicle to calls, getting in and out of vehicle. Potentially exposed to hazardous materials. This job also, operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing, twisting, lifting and pulling. Must have the ability to lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds. This job also requires the employee to frequently work from a stationary position, sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.