Year 5/ 6 Teacher - Wigan (January 2021)
Milk Education are working with a primary school in Wigan who are wanting to employ a temporary full time KS2 teacher working in a mixed Year 5/ 6 class. The school are looking for someone who can provide a compassionate and firm teaching style. You will be required to teach a class of 30 pupils in that bubble and will have full time support from a Teaching Assistant. Strong classroom control and behaviour management is required along with a firm but fair teaching approach.
The school are looking for someone who has previous Year 5 and Year 6 experience and previous SATs experience is desirable. This role is a temporary position but could possibly be extended, therefore the school are looking for someone who can commit to the role longer if required.
- KS2 Teacher working in a mixed Year 5/ 6 class
- Teaching the Year 5 and Year 6 National Curriculum to a class of 30 pupils
- Provide planning for the Teaching Assistant to work with smaller groups
- To be available to start Mon 4th January 2021 to Fri 31st March 2021 initially
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience of teaching in a Year 5 and Year 6 class
- Previous Year 6 SATs experience
- Strong classroom control and behaviour management
- Hold a relevant teaching qualification with QTS, such as a PGCE, B.Ed. or a BA Hons
- Teaching in a UK Primary School or British International School in the last two years
- Have eligibility to work in the UK or be a UK resident
The Milk Difference:
We are an environmentally-friendly education supply agency providing quality talent to local schools across the Wigan area. Milk Education brings a fresh approach with traditional values to the Education Recruitment Sector.
- Excellent rates of pay
- Direct links to local schools
- Free Lesson Plans
- Training support sessions.
- Video technology that will increase your chances of long term placements.
- Dedicated Consultants who will cater for your employment needs with 24/7 availability
- Commitment to quality and safeguarding
- 24/7 support for interview and lesson observation preparation
Applicants will be subject to variety of checks including: an enhanced DBS check, full references, including from your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
To apply for this role, please call Hayley Henry at Milk Education on 01942 669 001 at your earliest convenience or submit your application via the form below.