SUMMARY: The Data Validation Specialist is responsible for performing audits of operational performance in the clinics to provide information input for continuous improvement of quality control. He/She demonstrates initiative, self-motivation and the ability to handle various reporting and analytical programs.
- Uses measurement and evaluation tools to audit operational performance at the clinics, assess compliance with standards/policies/procedures, including but not limited to: front desk activities, sliding fee, clinical practice, safety practices and compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Calculates “grades” or “percentage ratings” of accuracy of data entry of charges, diagnoses, and other required data.
- Reviews billing, accounts receivable, quality improvement and other reports to ensure data accuracy, correct coding, billing, and reporting.
- Creates and maintains templates to ensure accurate coding for billing, reimbursement, and reporting. Works with Revenue Cycle Manager to develop templates to capture data for payment incentives, quality measures, care management, and other specialized needs.
- Serves as a liaison between billing and clinical staff to correct errors prior to billing and to identify areas for additional training. Follows up on pending charges with clinical staff.
- Assists Revenue Cycle Manager with staff training as needed.
- Prepares informational and evaluation reports for meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, statistics or other related fields. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in computer reporting preferably in the healthcare field.
- Experience with ICD-10 coding required; certified coder preferred.
- Experience with medical terminology and billing preferred.
Greene County Health Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and provider.
Job Type: Full-time
Role: Data Validation Specialist
Location: Snow Hill,
Apply for this job now.