Spring Branch Community Health Center is a growing, fast paced Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) working on reducing health care disparity within the Greater Houston Area. Be part of a vibrant primary care team creating healthy communities, one patient at a time.
The Electronic Health Record (EHR) Trainer plans, develops and conducts education and training programs for the users necessary to meet the organization’s objectives, improve skills and promotes professional growth and development as well as introduce workflow efficiencies within the electronic health record.
- Serves as a “superuser” for all aspects of eClinicalWorks (functionality, usage, configuration) and associated applications.
- Train all primary care clinics in the use of the practice’s EHR program. Includes physicians, clinical staff, front office and management team.
- Works collaboratively with clinical staff, supervisors/managers, and providers to develop and improve workflow processes that incorporates optimal use of the eClinicalWorks application.
- Assists in identification of opportunities for process and quality improvement to eClinicalWorks, patient flow, or clinic operations.
- Develop training curriculum that contributes to improve individual and team performance.
- Plan, organize and presents training sessions for new and existing team members. Present information, using a variety of instructional techniques such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussion, video and PowerPoint.
- Conducts needs and skills assessments for end users to determine the type and duration of training needed, and delivers training to end-users with varying levels of eClinicalWorks knowledge and computer literacy via clinical modules/applications.
- Test trainees to measure progress and evaluates training effectiveness.
- Conducts systems analysis, testing, and designs tasks related to the EHR System.
- Creates and maintains documentation of internal policies and procedures that will be used in conjunction with eClinicalWorks.
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and identifies opportunities for process and quality improvements to eClinicalWorks, patient flow, or clinic operations.
- Creates and maintains learning curricula for new staff and develops ongoing educational content for existing staff.
- Works with operations leadership team to coordinate and execute communications around technology and workflow changes.
- Researches, interprets, explains, and applies information from computer software, technical manuals and guides, videos and online materials.
- Uses written and oral presentation and communications skills in order to effectively communicate to a diverse audience ranging from unskilled personnel to highly trained and experienced professionals with a wide range of computer skills at all levels.
- Gains an in-depth understanding of clinical and operational workflows in order to develop and implement workflow documentation for training in clinical software applications.
- Increases the skill level of eClinicalWorks usage of all users through training, shadowing and expert opinion.
- Training experience preferred
- Develop and maintain training tools
- 3 years of experience working in a healthcare clinic
- Knowledge of eClinicalWorks, certification strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of clinical workflows (preferably within primary care setting)
- Ability to communicate in a positive / professional manner both orally and written
- Technical capacity to easily learn new software programs.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to create training curriculum for diverse learning styles and settings.
- Performs well under pressure.
- Works independently as well as part of a team.
- Highly organized with a solid attention to detail to ensure accuracy of information.
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills.
Must be available to and have means to travel as necessary for orientation, training and to additional practice sites.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Healthcare field or equivalent setting.
- Working knowledge of the Healthcare industry and an in depth understanding of physician office workflows.
- Experience in developing training curriculum and conducting end-users training on EHR systems.
- Regard change as an opportunity and constantly adjust to it.
Role: Electronic Health Record Trainer
Apply for this job now.