Environmental Quality Operations next generation detection services are built to provide targeted, highly sensitive, assays that allow for the earliest possible detection and robust analytics to determine the scope and location of nuisance species. In addition to our detection and monitoring services, R&D is actively pursuing targeted treatment systems to eradicate invasives while avoiding off-target impacts, saving money on downstream remediation efforts and protecting the native environment.
We are bringing innovations rooted in oncology and microbiome research to prevent, detect, monitor, and treat infestation by invasive species such as Asian carp and Zebra mussels in watersheds. Aquatic invasive species are a growing and unabated environmental crisis that is threatening public health, conservation efforts, commerce, and recreation.
This role calls for an individual with significant experience in marketing, business development, public relations, and/or sales in the civil and environmental engineering industry or conservation. A technical degree would be helpful but is not required.
- The Director of Business Development, reports directly to the CEO and is responsible for cultivating new relationships and driving the process of conversion from prospects to customer. The primary geographic focus will be opportunities to grow our customer base in the Great Lakes Region which loosely translates to the upper Midwest. This role is also responsible for participating in efforts to define and execute a national business strategy.
- The Director of Business Development, Great Lakes Region is expected to travel approximately 50% of working days for the first year, and when at home schedule and manage sales calls to prospects.
- This role also requires speaking at or participation in conferences, expos, and workshops nationally, or internationally.
- Director of Business Development will also be responsible for allocation of an annual marketing budget, an intern, and within the first year a sales assistant.
- Responsibilities include preparation of a monthly expense report, a pipeline management report, and participation in internal strategy discussions.
- Compensation Year 1 package includes a base salary commensurate with experience, standard young company benefits, plus commission of all sales in the Region and performance bonuses.
- Year 2 comp will be adjusted depending on financial and non-financial metrics.