We are seeking a Solutions Architect to join our D2C Technology team based in Hammersmith on a permanent basis.Aims of the Job:
The Architecture and Engineering team work collaboratively with multiple teams in different timezones, combining disparate systems together to create supportable, scalable and robust platforms that power Disney products online.
As a Solutions Engineer you enjoy a challenge, you can pick up new concepts and technologies quickly and are comfortable with a range of programming languages, frameworks and storage paradigms.
You will be using your general problem solving skills, good communication and engineering abilities to work with technical product managers and operations teams working behind the scenes to make the Disney magic happen.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Collaboratively building robust, secure, scalable and efficient services for internet-connected systems
- Ensuring that created services are operationally fit for purpose, with appropriate documentation and monitoring hooks
- Working collaboratively with local and remote teams on projects and product improvements
- Participating in Agile-based work scheduling including sprint planning, sizing and retrospectives.
- Supporting technical and product operations with 4th line engineering skills covering multiple programming languages, databases and connected technology
- Working closely with Technical Product Managers to create prototypes and proof of concept work for new platforms, services and product feature
- Working with third party vendors to ensure successful integration with their systems
- Providing technical consultancy for new business initiatives as part of a wider team
- Developing a good understanding of new technologies quickly, and where necessary, educating other team members in best practises for using them.
Suitable candidates will offer the following skills and experience:
What we offer:
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- Proven experience in technology / media company or related field
- Strongly proficient in Python
- Working knowledge of Ruby, PHP, Java (in that order of preference)
- Experience with writing API level code (e.g. REST), along with trans-system data formats such
- as JSON or XML.
- Experience with continuous integration services (e.g. Jenkins)
- Good understanding of NoSQL and SQL based databases (e.g. MongoDB, MySQL)
- Basic Unix administration (e.g. Linux, OSX)
- Good understanding of IaaS and PaaS environments (e.g. Amazon, Google)
- Good understanding of containers (e.g. Docker, GKE)
- Strong understanding of Internet scaling, availability and performance optimization
- technologies (e.g. CDNs, Varnish, Memcache)
- Excellent understanding of Internet technologies.
- Good understanding of MVC application frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask, Cake)
- An understanding of online video systems (video streaming HLS, DASH etc)
- Good understanding of development collaboration tools such as Git/JIRA/Confluence
- Understanding of mobile app development would be advantageous
- Understanding of ecommerce systems would be advantageous
- Understanding of analytics systems (GA, Adobe Omniture) would be advantageous
- A second language would be advantageous
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
Imagine the stories you can be a part of . .
Right to work in the UK
Please note that all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in the UK
See descriptionRole: Solutions Engineer - D2C Technology Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: London, England, EnglandApply for this job now.