Butler Weldments is a versatile steel fabrication and machining business with a 40-year tradition of quality and integrity. Our commitment to outstanding customer service, consistent product quality and on-time delivery is the cornerstone of our excellent reputation in the industry. At Butler Weldments, we attribute our success and growth to the individuals who make up our team.
We are currently seeking a Quality Control Manager. The Quality Control Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining and improving the QC department. Responsible for the continued growth of technical inspection practices and process improvement within the department. The Quality Control Manager is responsible for the positive and proactive leadership and supervision of all team members in a continuous improvement environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Promote and adhere to the company Core Values and Behavior Code
- Possess and utilize Level II Certification in the following Non-Destructive testing (NDT) disciplines: VT, PT, UT and MT.
- Manage all quality control activities in accordance with identified quality assurance standards, company procedures and customer specifications.
- Provide daily tasking, guidance and technical expertise to team members based on company goals and schedule, ensuring high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Develop quality control staff through effective mentoring and training.
- Develop and monitor statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish the quality of finished products.
- Collaborate with the production team to ensure that quality requirements are supported and maintained through all stages of manufacture to ensure project completion within the schedule.
- Review and maintain QC documents and prepare reports relative to the quality control department.
- Oversee inspection of all incoming materials ensuring that they meet requirements
- Review, analyze and report on quality discrepancies providing recommended disposition and corrective action if required.
- Set the course to grow the department technically and complete necessary cross-training for flexibility.
- Assist the Quality Engineering Manager to establish and review processes, procedures and capabilities to ensure the Quality program will meet or exceed internal and external customer needs and expectations
- Responsible for accurate and timely inspection and calibration of monitoring and measuring devices.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvement and improved working relationships.
- Evaluate employee performance through review of direct and indirect labor, completed work and work techniques.
- Support and assure implementation of all company policies and requirements.
- Continually strive to foster a team environment that provides open and honest communication across all levels.
- Demonstrate positive leadership through effective communication and teamwork with all levels of management and employees.
- Continually strive to develop personal and professional skills.
- Required to wear appropriate PPE as required by job duties.
- Promote company goals including Safety, Quality, and Production.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors' Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 10+ years' experience in quality control in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have demonstrated management experience with progressively increasing responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills; ability to develop professional working relationships; ability to communicate well with customer representatives and staff members.
- People development skills including training, coaching, mentoring and team development.
- Knowledge of various fabrication methods processes including metal forming, machining welding (SMAW, FCAW, GTAW, GMAW, SAW) and finishing.
- Knowledge of quality systems and lean manufacturing standards and practices a plus.
- Ability to interpret and apply industry specifications such as AWS, ASME and Military specifications.
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings and apply GD&T.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Detail orientated and ability to coordinate, organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Adaptability and flexibility to shift priorities based on the organizations' needs.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions, take ownership/accountability and operate with minimal supervision.
- Integrity, professionalism, discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality are essential.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
This full-time position operates in both a professional office and production environment. Use of computer, telephone and other office equipment throughout the day as needed to conduct business. Physical effort consists of frequent handling of light to average weight materials. Work performed requires constant alertness and activity, concentrated mental and visual attention required. Position requires flexibility with schedule, working throughout all company buildings and possible travel on an as needed basis.
Safety Equipment and Attire:
Steel toed shoes (required in production areas)
Long sleeved shirt (required in production areas)
Long pants, no cuffs (required in production areas)
Safety glasses (required in production areas)
Ear plugs (required in production areas)
Send professional resumes to #removed#-weldments.com
Butler Weldments is a trusted partner in the manufacturing of fabricated and machined metal products. For over 40 years, our family-owned business has cultivated strong ties in both the military and commercial sectors all while focusing on expanding facilities, capabilities, industries and scope of work.
We are dedicated to providing our customers with dependable service and personalized solutions. for industry-leading success in their respective fields. By ensuring that the Butler Weldments' standard of excellence has been maintained in every project, we empower others to go further, work harder, and remain confident in the products we produce.
Role: Quality Control Manager
Apply for this job now.