Job title: Extrusion Lamination Operator
BG/BU: Amcor Flexibles Americas
Location: AF Asheville
Job family: Manufacturing
Reports to (Title): Production Supervisor
1. Job Overview
The Extrusion Lamination Operator supports the operation of the Primary Department. They will operate an extrusion laminator in a safe and controlled manner that will ensure the safety of others and the quality of products being made.
2. Job Dimensions
- The Extrusion Lamination Operator laminates large rolls of raw material in various dimensions according to customer standards.
- Operator appropriately understands and follows the plant’s EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety) and Quality systems to maintain a safe workplace and ensure quality product.
3. Principal Accountabilities
- Perform setup and operate laminator to produce product according to quality and productivity requirements
- Distinguish quality adhesion while running job and setup
- Troubleshoot equipment, web handling, production and laminating issues
- Follow all safety rules and proper chemical handling processes
- Inspect quality and identify and correct defects
- Follow documentation procedures and ensure paperwork is complete
- Assist in training other personnel
- Ensures material meets customer requirements throughout the run
- Assumes responsibility for the quality and quantity produced on the machine
- Provide communication on a daily basis with management, maintenance, shift personnel, etc.
- Maintain housekeeping standards of the laminator and the surrounding area
- Anticipates and reacts productively to changes, and willingly handles other tasks as assigned
- Seeks and implements improvement activities through teamwork and CI Process participation
- Perform other duties as assigned
4. Major challenges & complexities
· Fast paced environment
· Product needs to be precisely laminated to customer specification
· Multiple products with multiple customer demands
· Primary Department Members
· Supervision / Management
6.1 Formal Qualifications and Experience
Knowledge and Experience
· Three years web handling experience
· Two years extrusion lamination experience
· General knowledge of computers preferred
Education and Certifications
· High School Diploma or GED
· Fork Truck Certification preferred
Job Specific skills and abilities
· Accomplished troubleshooter for complex lamination problems
· Ability to detect and solve problems that effect product quality, aesthetics and/or contamination
· Ability to see accurate colors
· Good mechanical ability
· Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure
· Accurate math skills and knowledge of metric conversion
· Forklift certification or willingness and ability to learn and obtain certification
· Adequate visual acuity to discern extremely minor imperfections in products
· Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions common to working with moving equipment
· Skilled in or able to learn safe operation of tools, equipment and test equipment associated with the plant operations
· Effective communications and interpersonal skills to work as a team member in the plant
· Ability to speak, read, and complete reports accurately in English
· Well-developed work habits to ensure smooth machine operation and minimal downtime
· Proficiency with computers; ability to learn and use additional programs
· Ability to identify maintenance needs and ensure that all required preventive maintenance is performed
· Ability to manipulate / lift up to 50 lbs
· Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
· Other physical demands include climbing, crouching, and reaching when webbing machine
Amcor Leadership Framework competencies
The 3 Leadership competencies which will apply to all AFA co-workers:
· Driving for Results
· Customer Focus
· Influencing Others
The Leadership competencies which will apply to OHSE:
· Command Skills
· Interpersonal Savvy
· Process Management
· Learning on the Fly
The 4 Leadership competencies which will apply to all People Manager:
· Nose for Talent
· Building Effective Teams
· Motivating Others
· Managerial Courage
To apply to this offer, please apply directly on our website #removed#/careers
With 16 plants in the Americas and Europe, Amcor Flexibles Americas (AFA), a business group of Amcor, is a market leader and the world's largest supplier of flexible packaging. We deliver innovative packaging solutions and provide enhanced quality products for the medical, pharma,
personal care, and food markets. Its award winning approach towards sustainability
makes Amcor the preferred partner for customers looking for responsible packaging solutions.
Amcor (ASX: AMC; #removed#) is a global leader in developing and producing high-quality, responsible packaging for a variety of food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical-device, home- and personal-care and other products. Amcor works with leading companies around the world to protect their products and the people who rely on them, differentiate brands, and improve supply chains, through a broad range of flexible packaging, containers, cartons, closures and services. The company's 35,000 people generate more than US$9billion in sales from operations that span 200-plus locations in more than 40 countries.
With 16 plants in the Americas operating in 6 countries, Amcor Flexibles Americas (AFA), a business group of Amcor, is a market leader and the world's largest supplier of flexible packaging. We deliver innovative packaging solutions and provide enhanced quality products for the medical, pharma, personal care, and food markets. Its award winning approach towards sustainability makes Amcor the preferred partner for customers looking for responsible packaging solutions. For more information visit #removed#
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Amcor Flexibles - United States is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the links "EEO is the Law" Poster and "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 847-362-9000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We participate in E-Verify. For more information, please see the E-Verify Participation Poster and Right to Work Poster at the hiring location.
Pay Transparency Policy
Amcor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Role: Extrusion Operator
Apply for this job now.